Echo Issue on Android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
EddieColeslawski

Echo Issue on Android

Post by EddieColeslawski »

My wife has an Android Galaxy S8 and an Android tablet, and on both devices we get horrendous echo/feedback when trying to use the talkback feature. I have an iPhone and iPad, and no issues with at all with echo/feedback on either device. I have an external mic and loudspeaker connected to an IP8M-2493EW, I have this setup at both my front and side doors; the Android devices have the echo/feedback issue at both cameras and the Apple devices do not. We are not using headphones, and my wife does not want to have to use them to talkback through the app (can't blame her).

Any chance that this is a known issue with View Pro and Androids? If not, I would like to make it known :D Seems like the Androids could benefit from some echo cancellation - hopefully that could be worked into a future app update.

Also, one thing to note is that when testing with the Apple devices, I actually put the mic right on top of the loudspeaker, and the iPhone was still able to cancel the echo out, and it sounded fine.