Download video

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
earthshaker

Download video

Post by earthshaker »

Is there a way to download a video captured by a motion alert?
I have one of my cameras set up for push alerts>video I can view the video on my Android phone, but I would like to download or send the video to my Google drive, so I can look at it a little more efficiently.
jack7

Re: Download video

Post by jack7 »

You can use Amcrest Surveillance Pro on PC to playback and/or download  a motion detect video file.
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

Unfortunately I can't access Surveillance Pro from 200 miles away, from my PC. I can open view pro from my phone. I can access another camera I have onsite with my PC remotely, but not the Amcrest units.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

In Amcrest View Pro, start playback of video, push record icon and then again to stop recording.  Go to My Saved Files,  push pencil icon at top, select your video, push export (bottom middle icon), and then use your file manager to go to main storage>snapshot>mp4 folder to find your exported video.  You can then send it to Google drive, etc.
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

Thanks I tried but the app crashed all four times while trying, not giving up...yet
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

I still can't make it work in my phone, probably my phone. I did manage to upload the .dav file to drive download and convert it to .mkv, the quality leaves a lot to be desired. Looking for a better file converter.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

If you now have the .dav file on a PC, you could try using Amcrest Smart Play to play it or convert it to .avi format.
freemann

Post by freemann »

Thank you for your good recommendations. I found what I was looking for.
jr04903

Post by jr04903 »

How do I set up my fdt 7903 to record directly to Google Drive?
sun2sirius

Post by sun2sirius »

FYI, this is still a problem at end of 2022 - see https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16088
Motion videos are recorded with high quality on the SD card, but cannot play on the iPhone or be exported. In my case the camera is 2000 miles away and poor Internet at that location. However, I could wait for the high quality video to download if it was supported. The Amcrest Surveillance Pro app does not connect to cameras in P2P mode, like an iOS app can do, so the Amcrest Surveillance Pro file export feature is unusable.
Same as the original reporter of the issue experienced, the Amcrest support was pretty useless, so my solution was to go with a different vendor - I found a similar price range and quality, but a much better software. Can't wait to replace the Amcrest camera at my remote location.