detection area doesnt match Amcrest View Pro vs Amcrest Surveillance Pro or WebView

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
CountVlad

detection area doesnt match Amcrest View Pro vs Amcrest Surveillance Pro or WebView

Post by CountVlad »

huge discrepancy between the detection area in Amcrest View Pro vs Amcrest Surveillance Pro. Same problem with using the Web View. Actually i used the Chrome Web View to set the motion detection area which matches the Amcrest Surveillance Pro motion detection area but i need the phone with View Pro to get the notifications. Is there anything in the works to fix this? Is there a different app that i could use in order to get the mobile notifications?

Thank you
Attachments
IMG_2655.jpg
IMG_2655.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 798 times
IMG_2654.jpg
IMG_2654.jpg (148.39 KiB) Viewed 798 times
amcrest168

Re: detection area doesnt match Amcrest View Pro vs Amcrest Surveillance Pro or WebView

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @CountVlad and welcome to the forum. i would stick to one application when it comes to setting motion detection settings because you may have one app overwriting another app. i primarily use the web view to configure the camera settings and use other apps for view only.
jack7

Re: detection area doesnt match Amcrest View Pro vs Amcrest Surveillance Pro or WebView

Post by jack7 »

The motion detect area is stored in the camera where motion detection is done, not in the viewing devices. Both of your snapshots show the same motion detect pattern. The problem is in the 2nd snapshot there are too many squares in each column. You probably have a software problem in the device used for the 2nd snapshot. You could check for different app versions. My cameras work fine with android, ios, and IE Web UI.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@CountVlad

In this particular situation i would highly recommend reach out to our Support team so we can assist you further.
We look forward to hearing from you.

https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport