Can't connect to the camera from Samsung Galaxy S10 plus

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
YAser

Can't connect to the camera from Samsung Galaxy S10 plus

Post by YAser »

Camera model : IP4M-1051W
Phone with issue: Samsung Galaxy S10 plus , Android 11
App: Amcrest View Pro
Both phone OS and App in latest version

Camera was working perfectly for almost a year (P2P config), connecting to it using iPhone and Samsung S10 plus. However, recently I can’t connect to it using Samsung phone, while iPhone is fine !

Tried many things (delete/add the Camera, uninstall Amcrest View Pro/install, delete cash/data and install again, add the camera using wifi/wired configuration, reset the camera,…etc) but all failed !!

Got Nokia smart phone for testing, with same Android 11 OS ..... working perfectly !

Is there any issue recently in Samsung S10 plus phones with the Amcrest camera ??
Any one facing similar issue ? any suggestions ??
jack7

Re: Can't connect to the camera from Samsung Galaxy S10 plus

Post by jack7 »

Does galaxy phone P2P work when using wifi?
Does galaxy use same cell service as Nokia phone?
Have you restarted galaxy phone?
If galaxy P2P keeps failing, would you consider setting up port forwarding for your camera to use for galaxy while P2P is not working?
YAser

Post by YAser »

Hi jack7,

Does galaxy phone P2P work when using wifi? I can't connect to it either via wifi or from outside

Does galaxy use same cell service as Nokia phone? yes. also iPhone (which can connect as well) all use same service provider, and same wifi

Have you restarted galaxy phone? Yes, but not working also

If galaxy P2P keeps failing, would you consider setting up port forwarding for your camera to use for galaxy while P2P is not working?
can you please explain how to do that ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure this is going to work or not. But something to try.

Turn off phone and remove and replace Sim card if your network uses one and start up again and try app.
If that didn't work
Bring up Menu by pulling down from top, scroll though items to find Airplane mode turn that on for 30 seconds then turn it back off
if that didn't work
Next Try and Reset your Network settings.
Also make sure to Restart your phone between each things tried to make sure it is back normal.

And last not that anyone wants to do a Reset but I would even go as far as doing a Factory Reset of your phone and setup your Device again. This is last case and worse case.. I would try many different things between doing a Factory reset..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I know that you said yours is a S10, I have just checked my Devices, S9, S9+ and S20 all of them are working as expected in IP and P2P formats.. I made a Gif of my S20 working.. I will admit it did take a little bit for the S20 to Setup the AVP over my S9 and S9+ when I loaded the app I thought it was going to fail I just waited and it worked..
20210928_205115.gif
20210928_205115.gif (76.63 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@YAser
On Galaxy and Amcrest View Pro using wifi, go to Add Device, Search Device, select your device, connect to it using IP, and then Start Live View.  If that doesn't work, then port forwarding won't.

For port forwarding, use the following link which contains port forwarding instructions.  You will need DDNS because your ISP probably changes your router WAN IP address occasionally.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... our-Device
YAser

Post by YAser »

Thanks All .. I tried almost everything but still not working!

I gave up from AMCREST Pro App and decided to leave it. tried TinyCam Pro app and it worked fine.