can not view SD card snapshots on iphone camera APP

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
LarryB5417

can not view SD card snapshots on iphone camera APP

Post by LarryB5417 »

How do you view SD Card motion snapshots on the iPhone Amcrest ViewPro Applicaition ?
I can see the snapshots on the desktop application Surveillance Pro but can not on the iPhone.

Next, my camera is saving Motion Alert Video to my local NAS unit via an FTP setup. I can access my NAS unit from any computer or my iPhone to view the recordings in mp4 from the saved NAS Folders. But, how to you tell either the iPhone Amcrest App or the Desktop Amcrest program to link my NAS recordings for each camera ?

There should be a re-direct setting within the apps to tell the programs where the video is. Amcrest makes sure to put in iCloud as a re-direct, but I see no settings for my storage.

Any help would be appreciated.
jack7

Re: can not view SD card snapshots on iphone camera APP

Post by jack7 »

In iphone AVP app, select Playback, top right icon, and camera.  It plays snapshots recorded in the last minute, at a rate of about 1/second.  That is with iPhone app installed on ipad with wifi, and a wired camera.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

Top right icon selected, message "No Recording- camera name" I can see now top left icon stored Video on my NAS unit for playback. I had to change settings on motion/Push/Push type/ to Video. Under Motion settings ,Snapshot is turned on, and camera settings under Storage/Destination SD card is selected, however I can not retrieve withing the AVP app.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

In my previous post, I was recording timed General snapshots.  I just tried with motion snapshots and was able to view one snapshot only one time.
Overall I would say the AVP feature for viewing snapshots is worthless.
You might try recording the motion snapshots to your NAS and viewing them on your phone with your NAS ios viewing app.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

thank you
In the Destination setup I have selected FTP for Video & SD for snapshots, both of these should be accessible from the iphone app?