Can I view recordings on the sd card from the app?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
MostOriginalNick

Can I view recordings on the sd card from the app?

Post by MostOriginalNick »

I have an IP4m-1028E camera. It's an outdoor PoE dome camera.

Motion detection seems to work. If I go outside in the field of view of the camera, then log in the "Amcrest web view" Chrome app -> playback , I see I was recorded, I can play the video, save the file elsewhere, etc. All these videos were recorded to the sd card.

However, is there a way to access these sd files from the Amcrest View Pro app? Or from another app?
If I go to "my saved files" or to "playback", I don't see anything.

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can I view recordings on the sd card from the app?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@MostOriginalNick Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I am guessing your looking for a way to DL your SD camera files to play back on a device other then your Amcrest View Pro?

While it would or could be hard to do this as you would have to DL them from camera to phone then to computer might as well just log in over IE or Chrome depending on FW.. Unless your asking can you play them on your PHONE under a different App?

Then most cases as long as they were saved is MP4 or AVI format then yes you should be able to but not sure why as the Amcrest App was made for the cameras...

When you DL the file it should say that it is in your Myfolder or some other location or My files you would then use the other app and direct it to that folder the file is DL too and play the file in question...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
MostOriginalNick

Post by MostOriginalNick »

Well, motion detection works: with the Chrome web app I can see the clips the camera has recorded onto the sd card when it has detected motion. My question is: is there any way to see those clips through any of the Amcrest phone app? With the Amcrest View Pro app, if I go to "my saved files" or to "playback", I don't see anything. Why? Is there a way to access those files from the app, too?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know how many devices you have but I just was looking over mine and while if I had to guess I have about 90 of my Amcrest IP devices with MSD installed... So I thought I would pick my POE 841, I load the app and then load the camera, then I click the left side with the 3 lines and dots. Then I click on Playback, Then wish I didn't have to but then I have to pick the device I want to playback so I pick the POE 841 and it gives a time line for today sadly starting at Midnight and like now it is 7pm here but I can scroll through the day

I don't use the MSD often and for honest truth I use as backup incase the camera looses my NVR there is a backup in the camera...

Sadly on mine anyway using 2017 FW on my camera I can view back from the MSD card for the day.. I will look over more to see if I missed something to find longer playback period...
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

MostOriginalNick wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:46 pm Well, motion detection works: with the Chrome web app I can see the clips the camera has recorded onto the sd card when it has detected motion. My question is: is there any way to see those clips through any of the Amcrest phone app? With the Amcrest View Pro app, if I go to "my saved files" or to "playback", I don't see anything. Why? Is there a way to access those files from the app, too?
In android Amcrest View Pro Playback, you need to specify a specific start and end day and time which spans less than 24 hours. Also specify types of events and camera. If no events qualify, it will say no recordings. Saved Files tab is for manually recorded videos.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I was going to say that when you click on playback there is 2 bars at the top I found after I posted my first post about this.. Sadly another has already covered that... But yes you would click the time to start and the time to end after clicking the day.. On motion as I have that setup for it will show in the 2017 FW anyway a time line with color marks for what is playing..

Sorry In my Post I said 90 Amcrest devices that was miss typed should have read 90%
Be Safe