Can I have push notification only for IVS trigger, and NOT general motion?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Jay668

Can I have push notification only for IVS trigger, and NOT general motion?

Post by Jay668 »

The NVR is NV5216E-8P, camera connected to the NVR's poe port directly.
Works fine, motion works, IVS (tripwire and intrusion) works,
on the android phone app, in the push notification setting list, I can see a push for motion detected, a push for face recognition, but nothing for the two basic IVS.
My camera doesn't support face recognition (also I want vehicles to trigger IVS too) so that face recognition push isn't useful for me.

Any type of work around can somewhat substitute IVS push? (could probably go with email but I would then have to setup email immediate push upon new message etc...) Just wanna check if the software developer team can add an IVS option to the Push Notification type list.

Preferably an IVS option under this list:
1.jpg
1.jpg (33.84 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Thanks
Jay668

Re: Can I have push notification only for IVS trigger, and NOT general motion?

Post by Jay668 »

Or maybe the IVS detected/triggered also counts as a motion detected, and goes through the motion detected push?
Haven't tested this setup yet,
could use multiple IVS rules to replace motion detection but rather want all options available if feasible.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Kind of confused!? When did the 8P get IVS? Last I knew the 16P was only one with IVS rules for Thermal Camera setups? Did I miss something? Personally always thought the 52xx had IVS however never seen it outside of the 16p and that is like 1300usd for the machine.

Then if you happen to be using a different FW then the Amcrest Released FW then you would need to use their system as the Amcrest machine would no longer be under their system controls.

Just looked on the NVR pages and 5216E-8p don't show IVS as a feature of that NVR.

Anyway outside of that.. Amcrest is working on a New Release for the AVP with AI options. I asked if there was a release date in mind was told TBD...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is the Stats for that NVR you can see under record and motion types there is no mention of IVS. Maybe you were lucky and got one that someone opened to work with IVS. Might be hard to get Support for it if there is an issue in the future.
Screenshot (1917).png
Screenshot (1917).png (203.82 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
Be Safe.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

I just checked the info page again, and it is a NV5216E-8P.
I think it's the same NV5216 machine (52 series, 16 channel), but this one has 8 POE ports.
From memory amcrest doesn't offer a 16P version while they do have 5208 (8 channel), and non-poe versions of both nv5208 and 5216.
Maybe a 5232-16P?

For the AI, I tried a few setups to realize that if any one of the cameras has any sort of AI enabled, the AI option will show up on the NVR's screen.
If none of the cameras supports AI (or AI supported but not enabled), the AI option won't show up.

Model# of the NVR:
1.jpg
1.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
I enabled the IVS on one of the cameras so the AI option shows up on the NVR's screen:
2.jpg
2.jpg (58.62 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
In the NVR's AI section, I can search what has triggered the IVS, but the icon/preview-picture doesn't works, it just shows a broken image icon with a red cross.
Looks like AI works even though not showing a capture/preview image for each trigger.
3.jpg
3.jpg (15.14 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
The clips play normally(if I select one and click on the triangle play button near the right hand side of the screen); maybe it's a bug that it doesn't show a preview image? Please relay to tech support for possible bug fix (not sure if any amcrest personnel here anyway :cry: )
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

forgot to mention about the firmware,
NVR should be running on the latest amcrest official firmware.
camera is a 3rd party brand connected to the nvr's poe port via onvif, and using the Private as manufacturer (the same oem everyone knows anyway :lol: )
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting. I just found that oddly my 4116E-HS will display my AI rules it don't enable the AI function so I guess that is the feature offed for the 52xx and or the 4116E-A2 and the normal AI series NVR like my 4216E-AI. I guess in a since your NVR must be like the A2..

About the 5216E-16P they do offer that NVR for sale and while I no longer can find the NVR on the pages for sale alone at 1400 with a 4tb HDD you can see looking at this package deal the info on the left where it says what it comes with that NVR is listed
https://amcrest.com/amcrest-high-sensit ... 221-w.html

My 4116E-HS is a 8POE 16ch NVR and my 4216E-AI is a 16ch POE NVR Oddly I had never put my AI camera on my 4116E-HS or 4108E-HS so I didn't know that the rule would show up. The AI tab don't so the features are not offered like on yours.. GUI or WebUI I get the rule on Live view so that is cool to know..

My guess is it would have had to be a Dahua or Amcrest that would open the AI. I mean maybe some of the other OEM Dahua products.

About your image not showing up oddly on my 4216E-AI NVR when I do a seach mine don't always show up either. However I will admit I have been working on the system and did just install a different FW from Amcrest and I have to admit I have not looked at that area since I did the update and Reset and yay there is pictures there now lol right now only 9 images since midnight..
Anyway does your NVR on the GUI offer AI view? while looking at your normal GUI grid, if you right click the grid you get a menu on the menu is there a Preview Mode? If so is there a Ai Mode? I like that on my screen as I can see fast view of IVS or Face Detection events without even having to look them up and I can click the Event to get a instant replay..
Screenshot (1925).png
Screenshot (1925).png (295.22 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Wow I just looked at the stats for that 5216E-16p and that is crazy... Now I wonder if yours offer any.. I mean looking at the datasheet for the 8p it don't even say it has AI..

On the 16p says it is also a 16mp NVR geez.. It has 10 IVS rules per channel, it will track Vehicle data. I mean my AI NVR has the drop down but never comes up with anything outside of the normal Vehicle being the target or human.. Now the Face detection and recognition if enabled does say glasses, mask, and what not maybe the other data needs a ANPR camera for the data to work.. Anyway the 16p says it will know color of auto and if there is a sign again wondering if that is with special camera.. I will have to save up and get a 52xx series to add to my collection of recorders lol... Don't have 10k floating around for the thermal system so NVR only. Right now have a 8ch DVR AI and my 4216E-AI NVR that I have had almost a year now. Have another brand 8ch AI DVR as well. Junk compared to the Amcrest hardware.
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

In case you have thought about including your NVR and cameras into a home automation system, what you are wanting to do is possible now.

I use Home Assistant with the Amcrest integration running on a little Raspberry Pi 4 . It can detect ANY event coming from each camera and can separate general motion events from IVS events, including any detail about what type of IVS event.

Now, to detect events from an NVR with cameras on an isolated network, the Home Assistant custom Dahua integration needs to be used instead which supports Amcrest NVR's, cameras, and the SmartHome doorbells.

So now you can disable push notifications from the NVR and have Home Assistant send push notifications or even broadcast notifications to Google/Alexa speakers with descriptive text to voice announcements or streaming video. I use Home Assistant's Telegram integration to send push notifications which can also include snapshots, recorded security video, or voice notifications.

There's a significant learning curve to all of this, but just something to think about when taking home security to the next level.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

@Revo2Maxx
Not quite sure what you meant by the preview menu; I've already put the NVR up on the rack so not really convenient to check the local physical screen via HDMI/VGA. All the screenshots are on the web management page.

The NVR is able to see though the IVS settings on the camera, can probably set various settings via the NVR too but I tend to setup each camera directly on the camera's management page (the NVR has a generic page which sometimes show extra settings that the camera itself doesn't actually support).
Camera itself supports IVS (tripwire and intrusion) only:
1.jpg
1.jpg (21.38 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
but if I visit the AI page on the NVR, it enables a full list of smart plans such as face detection:
10.jpg
10.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
The smart plan page correctly reflects the camera's ability though:
6.jpg
6.jpg (22.29 KiB) Viewed 2815 times
So am now wondering if the NVR is only able to passthough what the camera has done, or the NVR can also do AI stuff by itself in which case the camera just feed a video stream to the NVR, and the NVR do the AI detection (like Blue Iris can).
Last edited by Jay668 on Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.