Can I have push notification only for IVS trigger, and NOT general motion?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Jay668

Re: Can I have push notification only for IVS trigger, and NOT general motion?

Post by Jay668 »

BTW, the NVR still can't show any preview image on the IVS search list:
5.jpg
5.jpg (59.24 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
If I select any one, and click on the triangle button, they all play fine though.

Side note,
also found out a quirk, the local path on the camera needs to be enabled for the IVS to register.
9.jpg
9.jpg (41.25 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
There is no SD card in the camera so I thought I would just leave every thing empty;
wrong, if leave them empty, I can see objects triggering the IVS rules (blue/yellow/red line flashing) but nothing will record. :?:
Not sure why it works this way; spent hours toggling every setting just to come to this conclusion :evil:

Anyway, just a test setup so far after getting this new NVR..

To my current understanding, the camera is doing all the work while the NVR is pretty much acting passively to record everything.

Maybe newer versions of firmware could enable the NVR to perform AI itself, but not very optimistic due to its low processing power.
Guessing amcrest wouldn't give out freebies either. :|
New firmware + new name on pretty much the same hardware = new selling price. :?
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

@GaryOkie
Will likely dive deeper into something similar; for now am dangling between blue iris or a brand name nvr..
The house isn't really big so not quite worth any automation :)

At this point the more I use the NVR the more I lean toward a BI built or something similar..
Just quirks everywhere, and am sure the product/model will get discontinued sooner or later, then no talk about it.

I've a lot of spare headless devices laying around, good for firewall stuff but they all lack a decent GPU, so I got the NVR with convenient built-in POE to see how it works out.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

• "To my current understanding, the camera is doing all the work while the NVR is pretty much acting passively to record everything."
That's my understanding too.
  • "I've a lot of spare headless devices laying around"
Perfect for running Home Assistant! :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well about the Local on or off for working with NVR that is one of the things after 2019 FW update that was noticed when people were not getting snapshots anymore after the update. It was found out that before the 2019 FW a person could get Snapshots on NVR or DVR without having to tell the camera to setup snapshots. Then after update in software the snapshots stopped and found that the Trigger for them on the camera was a must or no snapshot in the recorder would happen even if there was no Micro SD installed it would need to be triggered and treated like there was one for them to be active.

Now about IP Camera hardware. This is something little different. Most times they are Sample cameras and were not designed to be sold to the Public. Or they were cameras that might have been setup for a new start up OEM that might have failed. Either way most times the camera will be in working order but might have some things that are not as Secure as Dahua or Amcrest ones seeing most times there is no way to add in FW updates without having the right fW deigned for that camera as normally they are looking for a Signature of the owner.. Normally the cost is much less because in practice it would be a strip model and again normally used as a product sample. Also normally there is no support for the product either seeing it isn't really a Dahua product anymore the SN would come back as invalid and any issue that you have wouldn't get support and is another reason cost is lower as well... Personally keep it behind a POE NVR (Safe bet) make sure there is no open backdoors to the Camera seeing if it was OEM setup there might be a open port for the OEM to install updated FW however if there is no name on the camera just says IP Camera like your web header then that most likely was a Sample camera built for OEM Resellers to test and make an order for their company and this would have company name in web and on camera casing.

About the NVR getting an update, I would guess they might have one to make the IVS search display right with images seeing the last FW update for my NVR corrected my issue of no image displayed. However my 4216E-AI was a AI NVR has 4ch built in AI where I can input trip wire or intrusion on 4 normal cameras. The 4116-A2 NVR is a AI NVR that works like yours only if the camera has AI will the AI option come up no Built in AI and seeing on the Spec Sheet for the 52xx besides the 5216-16p there is no IVS data offered at any level.

On my 4116E-HS in the search for my 1046E-AI camera as I said before I can see the rule however in the search there still is nothing for searching for IVS like there is in my AI NVR and DVR.. Yours has the added feature that yours brings up the AI Tab in the menu for searching and setting things so that is cool. Does yours offer in Search (Playback) offer the IVS button to choose only to search for IVS recordings?

Question for you?! Do you have Email setup on your NVR? If you do what the date showing in your Emails? Asking because my 4216E-AI NVR has 1970 with the day and month the same it never changes. Have ticket on that and hear they are working on Fixing that there is many things in the 4.0 that I have pointed out that is kind of Risky. Even goes before 4.0 so don't let that FW fool anyone to think 3.xxxx isn't with same issue..
Be Safe.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

Thanks for the long reply, really appreciate the info.

For AI search on the NVR, yes it allows a specific type of search:
1.jpg
1.jpg (32.39 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
Also seems like a full AI feature set:
2.jpg
2.jpg (27.11 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
But the camera is doing the actual work while the NVR is only a passive recorder; so I assume many of those settings (such as setting face recognition on a non-supported camera) will have no effect.
(might try AI NVR later but guessing I can just go with BI if going that route..)

For the camera it's a VIVSKY, also gotten a few other brands (ENS, ZUUM, etc..) as I tumble across a few ads..
Tech/software support isn't that great indeed; appears workable per the specs anyway.

Hopefully the upcoming NVR firmware fixes the preview image on the IVS search result screen; and the new AVP mobile app has a new category for AI related pushes ;)
Last edited by Jay668 on Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

For the AI settings on the NVR, if I select a function's page (under the Parameters category) without having a supported camera connected, the NVR will pops an error message near the top saying something like no available channel, and the channel list will be empty.
If I select the IVS page, I can then select a channel to view the settings on the camera (as the camera connected supports IVS, and enabled).

Looks like all those AI settings on the NVR will work for any capable camera connected.

Those AI NVR on the other hand can do the AI on the NVR level, which doesn't require an AI capable camera.
centralized heavy loan on the NVR's CPU then, especially when more cameras added.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:12 pm Question for you?! Do you have Email setup on your NVR? If you do what the date showing in your Emails? Asking because my 4216E-AI NVR has 1970 with the day and month the same it never changes. Have ticket on that and hear they are working on Fixing that there is many things in the 4.0 that I have pointed out that is kind of Risky. Even goes before 4.0 so don't let that FW fool anyone to think 3.xxxx isn't with same issue..
I don't have email notification set up on the NVR; did enter an email for password reset.
NTP is enabled on the NVR so the system time seems to work correctly.
Maybe try to disconnect the NVR from internet/NTP-server, power off and disconnect power for a few minutes, and reboot, check if it retains the time setting?
I had an old NV4108 previously with the coin cell battery dead, and couldn't retain the system time.
Amcrest uses a very tiny CR1220 on the NV41 series, and it's a soldered-on version...
They didn't even bother to use a socket, ouch...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No I have the right time in the machine. The issue is related to email date the attachment has right date just email don't all other machines I own have right dates even old machines that last fw was 2013. My email for reset don't work either and think it might be related. People should test reset email before its really needed. All my other machines work just not my 4216 testing that one can get a code back don't hurt for testing codes only last 24 hours
Be Safe.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

So I started the password reset procedure in about 12 hours ago, sent the long string to the htmicrochip email, so far haven't received anything back :?:
Luckily it's just a test.
If memory serves I think I did see a physical button near the CPU heatsink when I installed the hard drive, should be the reset button whenever needed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes there might be a Reset but please note that not all Reset buttons work.. Want to find out if your Email is Blocked lol? If you have a msn, yahoo, or gmail email send the qr code from one of them email accounts. I say this because I found for some reason my email server is blocked by the reset server. I can send a email from yahoo, or any others listed above and I will get a Reply to the sent email that they will send the code to my email server but it never comes. I will admit I did have to wait once for a couple of hours for a reply, 12hrs I don't remember waiting that long. (Please note I am talking about other machines that have a working qr code) for my 4216E-AI NVR I do get a reply but that is with a Error message and I am thinking might be related to my email having a 1970 date in it. I am guessing that when it sets up a QR code the 1970 date is in that code and the reset server knows that the machines don't go back past 2000 so its invalid. Also wonder if your NVR goes past 2037? for a date for kicks I tried 2040 and it reverts to 2037 so the last year these will work as they sit now is 2037.. In truth there might be a different end date built into the software long before 37 anyway.. Yes 2037 is long time away but I still have some machines from 2010 that I use so 15 years isn't out of touch for me. I don't really expect to live that long anyway lol..

Looking at the data for your NVR that you posted, I need to get one. Also need to invest in a new APNR seeing my LPR last month went out on me and found it is the sensor. What do I expect it 9 years old lol.. Had a good many years with it.. Lasted 2 years longer then one of my AI PTZ cameras from same company that one was 27x zoom. Still have the dome and installed new Camera module in it however it is the non AI module so it works just the menu for AI no longer works.
Be Safe.