Can’t add camera to View Pro

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jes13

Can’t add camera to View Pro

Post by jes13 »

I set up new camera using my iPhone. Everything works there. I want to setup to also view on my iPad, but have had no luck adding it.

I also have an ASH series camera that I have to use the Smart Home App. Seems really silly to have to use 2 Apps when both cameras are the same company 🙄
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can’t add camera to View Pro

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

One of the things I like about Amcrest is they listen and back when the Smarthome devices came out the only thing they would work on is Smarthome app and DVR/NVR's However with people saying they wanted them to work with AVP or 3rd party apps they did open them to work with AVP only issue is that your ASH needs to be setup on a Smarthome app before it will work on DVR/NVR and or AVP (Amcrest View Pro App).

About working with your iPhone or iPad there is no 100% to what Version the devices will work with I have older iPhone 6+ that I have older Amcrest software on and the devices I own work as expected. However I don't use it often and all my normal daily access to my cameras and recorders are on my Samsung S22Ultra
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jes13

Post by jes13 »

both iPhone & iPad are running latest OS & same version of AVP... during add in AVP, Search Device doesn't even see the WiFi :roll:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What ASH device?, I have Ash21, 26, 47, AD110 times 3 and a AD410 Also have Battery Camera however that one is said not to work with NVR/or BI however I do use it on my NVR just goes offline while in standby mode lol.

I normally don't use AVP with my SH products but was happy to hear from jack7 (Thanks again) that it does work even using P2P so I did install my ASH21 and 47 on my AVP..

Might be an issue with the iOS I know that there have been some features that one side might get and the others don't. It might be Coding or Security issue iOS is Strict with how things can be added..
Screenshot_20220507-220820_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20220507-220820_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (447.53 KiB) Viewed 4587 times
Be Safe
jes13

Post by jes13 »

Can’t add anything to AVP on iPad… you get no response after pressing go to live view. Did anyone QA the App?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

IOS AVP works for me on ipad except Search.  Download and use Amcrest IP Confg Tool on your computer to find Amcrest devices connected to your network.
jes13

Post by jes13 »

IP Confg Tool sees IP2M-841... only saw ASH21 once. can't add either...
Strangeland

Post by Strangeland »

On the IOS and Android applications I too cannot set up IPC cameras over Ethernet or WiFi.

Any attempts to connect over Ethernet end in inability to slelect a Wifi network and an error message devoid of error codes, and with WiFi doing nothing but beep and screech.

Is there an alternative way to set up an IP3M-943W that does not require the phone? All I have in my pamphlet suggests the mobile app is the only way.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Strangeland Hello and Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear your having some issues. Personally I would use Android to setup your cameras.

Then I don't know your 943 so I can't say if it was one of the issue cameras I know that I have had some issues in the past trying to setup wifi.. Now I can setup a Camera in less then 5 min max this includes adding to Wifi network if it was such a camera..

First what you want to do is have your camera connected to the same network that your computer and phone is connected to, Connect your camera to Ethernet, Then connect your power cable to the camera, Give it a minute or 2 to boot up. If you have IP config use that to scan for your camera. If you don't then using Windows machine, Press the Windows key and R at the same time, type in cmd press enter. When the command prompt comes up type arp -a or -g either way. IT should list your network IP list. Your looking for one that starts with 3c, 4c or 9c. 3c would be way early Amcrest device 2015ish 4c is later 2015 2016 and the 9c most always newer devices.. Either way your looking for new IP it might even be a 192 range.. If the camera has DHCP on then you should have a good range for the camera, Now go to Browser and put in that IP address press enter when log in comes up use admin admin for user and pass by the way that is admin for user and admin password just to make sure I was clear.. Once it logs you in it should ask you to set a new password. Once done go to Setup, Network, TCP/IP. IT will be on Ethernet and show a IP if you want to keep it DHCP then do so personally I would change to Static, Even if only keeping that IP. (It will Boot you and start in new IP) Going to same area as before this time you will want to change to wireless and set to static or keep Dhcp what ever works for you personally again go static this time you will need to input a good IP that you want for your wifi connection.. Apply at this time nothing will happen. However looking at the menu on the left side under Network you now want to click on Wifi, Then you will want to enable, It should search if it don't then press the Search on the top right and a list of SSID should come up, CLick on the one you want and another box should come up and ask you for the SSID Password. Enter it and save. After a few seconds it should show that it has connected. Once it says it is you can unplug the camera from power and network. After 10 seconds plug back in and after 1 to 2 min your camera should be able to be accessed by the IP you setup for Wireless in Network, TCP/IP settings...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So then it comes time to setup for the App. Now once you follow them steps you will want to get the app, Press the + then Wifi Camera (Or POE) what ever type your working with, Then don't click anything yet on the 2 options there is really a total of 4. On the top right is a Tab Add Connected Device click that first, then if you want to use P2P to access while your away from home choose P2P if only at network then Choose IP. For this I say P2P, Then it will ask you to scan your device, Then give it a name, Then put in your user and password that you change it to. Once you do that Click Live View and your camera should come online...
Be Safe