Camera Name

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ctsuhako

Camera Name

Post by ctsuhako »

Hello:

In the Amcrest View Pro app on IOS, the camera name listed in the lower blue bar shows:

NVR NAME-Channelxx

How can I change this to show just the camera name?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera Name

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ctsuhako Hello and welcome to the Forum

So you will need access to the NVR. Then you will want to make changes in the nvr for ch name... This can be done at the NVR if the Cameras can be accessed over the WebUI that is the best way just need to do them one at a time so the NVR might be the easier way however I think it will try and change any camera connected to that ch... Anyway at the NVR bring up main menu, then click on camera then on left side bar is on my 4018 camera, image, Audio/Video and then Channel Name. In there you will see a box and beside the box it will be CAM 1 and so on in the box make change to name you want and then below Save... Looking in my 2116-HS it is in the same area the difference between the 2 is the 2116-HS rather then showing Cam 1 has D1 through D16 in a tighter menu area.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So oddly looking over my system after I wrote this I have seen there is some strange things to be honest...

So i just changed out my 841POE for my 721 poe caemra for my Stairs and while I did make change in the NVR and does show on the top of the camera left side page Stairs the 721E named from the WebUI is still there...

So you will need to make the Changes in the Camera WebUI to make the Name Change in the Caemra that shows on the Bottom Left by Default... Here you make the changes under Setup, camera, Video in there a bar runs right to left click on Overlay and then click on Channel Title Enable it and make your name change and it will show up in the NVR However you will have to remove from app your nvr and add it back to get it to show the names in the Blue bar above but the name will be on screen if you turn on.. At first if never changed it would Say IPC

And I say this about the Remove from app and add the NVR back because what shows for the name of my Stairs camera is still showing the name of my 841POE... I remove from App the NVR and add it back using the QR on the top so takes no time at all to add back and now it shows the right name for the cameras
Be Safe.
ctsuhako

Post by ctsuhako »

Thanks for the comments. I have already made the changes you suggested in the NVR and in the individual cameraa. It appears that the NVR Name in the IOS app is prepending itself to the camera name no matter what is done. They only way I have figured out is to call the NVR device "." so that it can show the while name of the camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes that is why I said you will have to remove the NVR from the App and then add it back that is last part of my last message once I did that all the names in the NVR reflect in the App top except for when it says unauthorized that is upsetting to some people and I dont really care as long as I can view my cameras and my camera names are on the picture anyway :)
Be Safe.
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

I wanted to update this thread since I came here with the same question but about the Android Amcrest View Pro app. I had a camera port in the DVR that was not used, but added a new camera today. The app was already set up on my phone with 5 cameras that had all be renamed on the DVR before setting up the app, so the app showed the new names, "CAM1", "CAM2", etc. whereas the default name for camera #6 was "Channel 6".

I didn't understand why the app didn't pull the names of the cameras from the NVR each time it loaded, but then I also found that it wasn't possible to change the camera name in the app either, so I seemed stuck. By chance, in the app I tapped the upper-left menu and selected Device Manager, then tapped my NVR device name, then the "edit" (pencil) icon. Then I simply clicked "Start Live View" at the bottom, and it showed the new "CAM6" label that I set up in the NVR configuration, so this process must pull the NVR information for the cameras again before re-saving it to the app's database. When I reload the app now and view camera #6, it has the new name displayed as "CAM6" like it is in the DVR setup.

I was glad I didn't have to delete and re-add the DVR because I have two copies of it in the app: one for use at home using the DVR's local IP address and another for remote use that accesses the DVR by using a dynamic DNS address and a port that is forwarded on my router to the DVR. This allows me to view the cameras more quickly at home using the local IP address, but still have access to the cameras on my phone when I'm not at home using the remote setup.

Hope this helps someone in the future!
nictopn

Post by nictopn »

I am trying to rename camera's added in by onvif, they are really old unsupported 720p cams that are actually well constructed with a good image, but if you try to rename in the nvr it says "unable to pull configuration file" which makes sense because they are not amcrest (or dahua) cams. anybody know a way to force it to let me rename the cams? it will never be able to do anything other than pull the rstp stream.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Some not all but some cameras can be named off the camera it self. Another thing that I have done in the past is make a connection with a good Amcrest camera has name and then move new camera to that spot and name stays.. Again 2 options not always work however I have one up that says it is a camera I have not had in that location for a month and always confuses me when I go to access and think it is a camera it isn't but an idea of something to try..
Be Safe.
weswitt

Post by weswitt »

thanks to @swbrains for his solution. i was having this same issue on android and his solution fixed it for me. thanks a lot.
leapcrest

Post by leapcrest »

To anyone wanting to change the camera names in the Amcrest NVR, this can be done by logging into the NVR and going to Management | Camera. Select the Encode section down the left side, and then switch to the Overlay tab. From here, the first camera should be loaded, and you can see 'Channel Display' about half way down with the name of the first camera. Adjust if necessary, and then click the Save button in the bottom right corner. Switch to the next channel from the Channel dropdown at the top, and repeat the process for every channel you want to change.

You can now go to the 'Remote Device' section, and all cameras should have the new names.