Camera name changes to "Unauthroized" in App

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
darksands

Camera name changes to "Unauthroized" in App

Post by darksands »

I added my NVR to the AmcrestView app on my Android running the latest version of Android on a Samsung Note 10+ and I can see all the cameras fine. When focus on one of the cameras to one screen, and then go back to multiple screens, the top bar that shows the name of the camera I focused on, changes to "Unauthorized" but I can still see live view. Just wondering if this is something I set up incorrectly or if it's a UI bug. It's only shows "Unauthorized" on the last camera I chose for single view. It will go back to normal if I choose a different camera to focus on but then that camera will show "Unauthorized"
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera name changes to "Unauthroized" in App

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

So I am not sure about this issue.. I to have had the same issue and while I thought it was a cabling issue because all my Cameras are off Wifi and on Cat6...I changed out the cables on the effected ones and it went away.. Well that was until 2 days ago.. Now it is showing that message again... So then I was trying to get to the bottom of it and did some Resets and some Restores and things because I like to waste time lol... Anyway I haven't been able to find what the issue is. At times it is fine other times it says that... Some times it only says it for 1 camera then it will say it for 2 or 3 of them... Then it goes away.. I just deal with it and gave up the Chase... It won...
Be Safe.
crupi8

Post by crupi8 »

I've had this happen on occasion several times. I've tried clearing cache etc.. on my phone and tablet apps but it had no effect. While I was at work trying to monitor, I had someone unplug my router and replug it in at home. When the wifi reconnected and I opened the app on both of my devices the unauthorized message is gone and I appear to have stable connections again. Hope this helps.
sleepybear

Post by sleepybear »

Hello, this is my first post but I created an account to reply. I have the same issue, where at any one point, one of my 4K cameras says 'unauthorized' as the title. It appears that I can recreate the issue as described by the OP.
Crazytekkie

Post by Crazytekkie »

Dear god I wonder if some of these amcrest individuals ever even read the entire posts of people. The responses are a joke. I too have this issue and uh yeah, I think I have the passwords correct. I think I would know if I changed them. And this issue happens on both my analog and ip cameras of all different resolutions depending on the mood of the dvr. I can still see the cameras perfectly fine. So please, if therr is an amcrest individual that actually reads all we mention in our posts and has a legitimate answer I'm sure we would all love to know why this happens.
Jerminator7

Post by Jerminator7 »

Just here to add my two cents also. I get the same thing as the OP describes. I'm using a note 10 also.
outflyin

Post by outflyin »

".. I just deal with it and gave up the Chase... It won..."

This is exactly where I usually end up with these incredibly unreliable and flaky Amcrest cameras because the support is often so exasperatingly laughable.
vinnyjames

Post by vinnyjames »

Found a solution to the Unauthorized issue for mobile:
  1. click the menu in the top-left
  2. click Device Manager
  3. click the device
  4. click the pencil looking edit button
  5. at the bottom change "Live View" and "Playback" to "Main"
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly that is it for mine that is where mine is set already and still does it.. I just ignore it now
Be Safe.
Vijill

Post by Vijill »

Thanks Vinny, your solution worked for me.
I the name still is unauthorized but I'm able to view the camera through the app now.
I had only been able to connect through my computer for a while now, glad it's finally working again.