Call/Transfer

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
timlab5555

Call/Transfer

Post by timlab5555 »

I have two SV3C cameras. I need to insert a special something that I'm not sure what to call it. But for example: To delete all presets in the camera I need to do a call/transfer Preset 210. What is this, and how do I do it in ASP?
Thank You
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Call/Transfer

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In ASP you use the PTZ part of the software and call Preset 210.. Just like let say my 2mp AI camera from another company that I have connected to my Dahua AI DVR or even the NVR that it is connected to. That camera has a Preset 110 that will set off the alarm. In ASP or the DVR/NVR I just call preset 110 and the alarm goes off.. Any camera that has a Set Preset from factory or one that you have setup can be called with in ASP or the Recorders.

However there are some in case that it isn't you call the preset but you set the preset to make it function. So in that case rather then using the call you would use the Set and that might be what is going on with yours.. OR it might be that it don't understand the already preset 210 in your case and is required to Set it first in ASP then can be called.. Also in some cases with Amcrest or Dahua there are some cameras that only have a PRESET of 80 as a max calling. If your system needs to be higher then this the System needs to be changed from DH 2 or DH3 and that would open it up to 255 preset. I have a camera that goes to 300 so everything over 255 I have to use the Cameras WebUI or a different software Management program to call them..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So to expand on my answer, In asp you might have to config your NVR to access the cameras ability. It may or may not work. Anyway in ASP click the + and bring up Device CFG, Then click on the NVR. Then click on the system, PTZ and choose the right camera you want to make change to, then click on Local and make sure you add in the right data for your camera. This info can be found from the camera WebUI most times I can't say that it is in your SV3C cameras but they are in my Hikvision cameras..
Screenshot (342).png
Screenshot (342).png (28.68 KiB) Viewed 4383 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

here is what I am talking about inside of ASP..
Screenshot (343).png
Screenshot (343).png (57.75 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I found it and thanks for the step by step directions. Now I get to the confusing part. My camera configuration is way different then what I see in ASP, but I kinda of figure it would because of the manufacture. From what I see in mine compared to your is that you have PTZ Protocol with a word. So I looked at mind and under Protocol it has NONE, but if I hit the down arrow, it shows a list of stuff such as "General or PELCOD-S1 or SONY". Does this mean something or something special about my cameras? Then I'm wondering okay, so where do I enter this "Call/Transfer 210" at in ASP?
Sorry to be a pain Grand Wizard.
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure I understand? However if you are asking about how to access the PTZ Presets in ASP then in the picture below I have expanded my PTZ and More in there is where you can call and set Presets. If you are not asking that then please explain more?
Screenshot (344).png
Screenshot (344).png (977.89 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Basically where do I put Preset 210 at in my ASP/camera?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awww Ok, Sorry I guess it seems that ASP has a 128 max preset or something, Seeing I just looked at my other camera with 300 presets and sure enough I don't normally go over 110 or 120 anyway I never seen that ASP only seems to go to 128. So in ASP I guess there is no way and will need to use your Cameras app if it is able to call presets or if the preset is able to be copied in software to a lower number then I would copy it to something that is free between 1-128..
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I do know in Blue Iris that when you do presets that they do have a call no call button in the PTZ section. But I dropped Blue Iris for awhile until I can see what my cameras and ASP can do for me. So just as an update, I've been able to connect all my cameras to my NVR/DVR. I've been able to have both my SV3C cameras pan/record as they pan. Since I'm down an ASH47w it's fine where it's at. I've also in contact with the manufacture asking questions as well. Once I geT ASP down (hoping I remember at 68 years old), then I'm going to move on to Blue Iris. Getting back to my orginal question, I guess there is no place to insert these numbers in ASP.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I just looked in Bi before I seen your post and came back to mention that even Bi seems to have a limit. My camera that has 300 preset in WebUI only has 256 in Bi so seems that ASP isn't only one that limits. it was odd because when it added the camera in Bi it did list all 300 spaces on the setup of the camera. I guess Bi just limits to 256 anyway.. So with 210 being under the 256 Bi would be best bet..

To be Honest if you are looking for a Camera Management and have different outside of Amcrest format cameras I wouldn't be looking at trying to use ASP as your Video Management Software. If you are toying with the Idea of going with Bi, I would focus on using that because it takes loads of getting used to and there are things in there you can setup with other things like IOT devices. Just keep in mind that they also have a Cell phone app but it is 10 exta and the WebUI of Bi is cool too..
Be Safe.