AVP no pictures displayed during push notification

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jakthree

AVP no pictures displayed during push notification

Post by jakthree »

Hi,
Amcrest View Pro (AVP) v4.2.015 (Android)
NVR: NV4108E-HS
Cameras: IP5M-T1179EW-28mm, IP5M-D1188EW-28mm. These cameras are snapshot capable. The 1179 has a SDcard installed. The 1188 does not have a SD card installed. Before I attached the cameras to the back of the NVR. I logged into the camera's webpage and enabled MD with snapshot checked with 3 images selected, applied and saved settings. I then attached the cameras to the PoE ports on the back of the NVR. I set many settings in the NVR related to storage, video detection and other and can go into details about how the NVR is setup.

When a MD event occurs, I receive AVP push notification. When I open Push Notifications - Event List and choose any notification. I am shown this screen.
AVP_event.png
AVP_event.png (15.71 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
There are little blue boxes on the timeline which I think represent snapshots/pictures. The round blue dot pauses at each of the pictures on the timeline but no picture or snapshot is displayed. At the top of the screen, I can change to video and the MD video will playback.

I can open Amcrest Surveillance Pro, go to playback, choose the camera and view the pictures that match the timeline.

Why are the snapshots/pictures not shown during push notification events?
Does anyone have my same NVR, cameras and Android AVP and are able to view snapshots?
or just in general, can anyone see snapshots in AVP?

Thank you,
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AVP no pictures displayed during push notification

Post by Revo2Maxx »

A couple of things can happen.

So asking for a Jpg without having them turned on could cause this (Give you a time line but no image)

However you said you can click on ASP and Bring up the info from your cameras, This has me wondering if the NVR has it enabled as said above or that your camera isn't connected to Internet..

In cameras from 2019 FW newer they need to be connected to internet (So I have been told after I couldn't playback one of my Cameras at my cabin after I lost internet there)

So the thing is your camera has to have a MSD because you said that ASP was able to playback from camera, This would be only thing I can think of. When you ask your NVR to do something it is telling the camera that you want to do this. However if say you don't have it turned on in MD to record then it won't, IF you don't tell your NVR that you want Snapshots to record then it won't.

Go to the NVR GUI, if your on 4.0 FW, Right click Main menu, then at the bottom click on Storage, Then Record on the Left side, Then at the bottom is Snapshots. Need to make sure they are all Enabled or the ones you want to save them anyway..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AVP no pictures displayed during push notification

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Another thing to try. For testing anyway.

Go to playback, then pick the image at the top right, then when the Device list comes up you need to look close because only the last Min will be displayed you will want to set a time you think there was some images, (You will have to pick a day before it will give you time) Then click the device you want, then the channel (Camera) Then it should load,

If you didn't load then for sure look at the area I mentioned above and make sure that Images are turned on setup for that channel to record them.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe