Audio Detected, but no audio when viewing the event.

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
earthshaker

Audio Detected, but no audio when viewing the event.

Post by earthshaker »

Here again with a new question, when I get Audio detected alerts, and I review the event there is no audio included, that might be a handy function, that way a user can tell whether a storm is passing by or something is moving around out of the view of the camera.
Is this something I can enable or is it even doable? Amcrest View Pro on Android.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Audio Detected, but no audio when viewing the event.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure what point your on? Asking about why there is Audio Push for a camera that don't have a Mic or your asking how do you push AUdio or you have setup push for audio on a camera with a MIC but when it comes up there is no footage? So I am going to guess it is the last part..

In your WebUI of the Camera or NVR that the camera is connected to with the option enabled you will want to make sure that you have setup the Event to Record when the Audio is Detected..

I played around with this for my cameras or a few of them anyway and it was either Pushing all the time... No matter how I would adjust the Audio Detection settings.. So if your working in an area that is indoors and normally very silent this can work well.

Input Abnormal
Intensity Change

checked and setup, then below that is some other features if your camera has them like Alarm output (Relay Out) however just above that there is Record need to make sure that is checked and your time is long enough.

Then in the Push area of that app, Audio Detection, then push type Video Personally I would just have it push live view of the event so you can see it as it happens to be honest.. THen you can use your Event status as a place mark if you need to go back when you return home for viewing the event to what happens before and after if you have that one setup to record full time as well. If only Motion and Audio then it might be that all items was not recorded as expected...

For me I have my system setup to have only the Major cameras recording Full time and others that I only care about motion events or IVS for my AI hardware then I will record that.. My cameras with Mic that I have setup for Audio alerts I have it full time recording because something might be heard outside of the cameras ability to Record a motion event or Loud audio...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

I figured out how to have audio when playing back the video, and how to record audio when I record remotely, but I don't have anything that will play a .dav file. I upload the video to my cloud then download it to my computer, so I can "sort of" view it but there is no audio.
The end goal here is to record a video that I can upload, so others like law enforcement can watch it with audio. I have seen videos that others upload to Amcrest and other sites and they are way better than what I can create, with what I have.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok I guess I need to know what type of camera your working with for better info.. So on the 25 of last month I just seen there was a Image of a Fed Ex dropping off some packages. I click the arrow in the list of the item that I just played and downloaded it in MP4 format, This DL goes by Default to the computers c user name, WebDownload and Play Back record... This was on a 2017 older FW 941 camera. I was able to play the MP4 in Windows with no issue..

I do know there are some cameras that you need to DL and Convert to AVI or something that the cops can use to watch if it won't playback on your machine by default.. Using ASP can help with DL and making them playable..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Rumspringa

Post by Rumspringa »

...hmm

I get no sound from smart play either. But Handbrake'll do it tho.