App reverts to CH1 when phone orientation is rotated

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
MarkinGA

App reverts to CH1 when phone orientation is rotated

Post by MarkinGA »

I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I tried several searches with nothing similar found. I have an Amcrest 8 channel NVR with a variety of different PTZ, 4k and HD bullet cameras. My phone is a Google Pixel 6 Pro running Android 14. Everything works fine when viewing from my pc or my phone except for one annoying thing. I'm not sure when this anomaly started whether it was an app update or an android update but its been happening for several months now.

When I first start the app on my phone it defaults to the channel 1 camera view. I can swipe left<->right through all eight channels and everything displays fine. The issue presents when I decide to rotate my phone from portrait to landscape view. It doesn't matter what channel 2-8 I may be viewing when I rotate my phone to landscape view the app reverts back to channel 1 whereas before it would have stayed on whatever channel I had currently been viewing. I can again swipe between channels 2-8 but if I rotate my phone back to portrait it again reverts back to channel 1. This is so irritating! Has anyone else seen this behavior or know of a fix?

I was able to record the behavior on my phone and have an mp4 video of it but this forum won't allow me to attach it. I tried the mp4 but I gather that's not an acceptable file format so, I zipped it and attached the zip file. It starts to add it and within a minute I get some weird http error and it stops uploading.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: App reverts to CH1 when phone orientation is rotated

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Are you using AVP or AVP2? I personally have not seen it as you have mentioned. i have seen an issue with AVP when i playback say Ch6 of a NVR or DVR when I load back into AVP after closing channel 1 will be gone and now my app will have Ch6 in 1's location and still in 6's location. So I just click the 3 dots with lines at the top left and go to live view and pulls the feed data back in with ch1 being back where it goes.

If using AVP2 I would need to try it out as I don't use AVP2
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So DL, installed and tested AVP2 on my Samsung S21 Ultra and using P2P on my 4108-A2 it is working as expected. While in single view mode more over to channel 6 and when I turn full screen it stays on 6..

Wonder if that odd issue is maybe setup related with your phone? Maybe look in your phone or the Amcrest app to see if there is a setting for such behavior.
Be Safe.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

I'm using the original AVP. I discovered there was a #2 but based on the poor reviews declined to download it. Android phones have a setting associated with phone rotation but only whether to allow it or not far as I know and mines enabled because I roll my phone all the time for videos, youtube, cameras etc. I wish there was a way to share the video I made because its a real thing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Only way to share a video is to upload to Youtube, Twitch, Facebook Watch or some other video sharing platform and share a link to the video on the forum. Even in my forum where I do have a Media button for sharing a video that can be seen right on the thread the video has to be hosted on a video sharing platform first.
Screenshot (1393).png
Screenshot (1393).png (333 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Be Safe.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

Don't know if this will suffice but here's a link to the video.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vnBwgFJifiPkKRBR7
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is very interesting. I have not seen it do that.. Can you try this. Top left side click the 3 dots with lines, Then click on Device Manager then click the device and then click Pencil, then Click Start Live view and test out the view from there..

If that don't help, Close out of the app. I don't know your phone but I am going to guess it has same type setup as mine with a Back button return to main menu and App List with 3 lines. Click on the App List and close out of the Amcrest App. For me I scroll to the app and then I Push it up out of the phone display and it closes it from being in the background. Now in your phone display again go to your app if you make a quick link or to the apps page and click on the Amcrest app icon. Restart the Amcrest app and see if that cures any thing..

What DVR/NVR are you using? Did you setup IP or P2P method?
Be Safe.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

I tried your first suggestion. It took a minute or two after selecting Start Live View before it displayed anything but I swiped through several cams then rotated the phone, it did the same thing reverting to CH1. I also regularly do what you suggested selecting the "square" button at the bottom which shows any app's running in the background and clear them all several times a day. The AVP app has always exhibited the same behavior regardless of whether it was already running in the background or not.

My NVR is the NV4108E-HS running V4.000.00AC000.0 Build: 2020-05-21. I used P2P with the QR code on the NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Strange. Here is an idea. Hate to say but I would try to DL the AVP2 and add in your NVR. Here is why i say this. In AVP2 there is a Rotate button that AVP don't have. Then I would test your rotate in the app normally and see if it works as expected or if it takes you back to Ch1. If it does then i would test the rotate with the button and see if that will rotate the channel in view or again revert back to Ch1.

Just so you know you don't have to use one or the other you can have them both installed at the same time.. Some people might like AVP2 over the normal AVP.
Be Safe.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

AVP2 behavior video. Version 2 appears to work properly on my phone and I didn't do anything with the rotate button you referred to, just used the app like I would have the original and rotated my phone when I wanted a full screen view. Wondering why the other one stopped?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MT5FsHbMVXVo79eV8