Android View Pro not saving Push notifiations

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jjbender

Android View Pro not saving Push notifiations

Post by jjbender »

Hello. I have 2 IP8M-2796EW-AI cameras. Synology NAS DS920+. Using my viewpro app on my Pixel 6 Pro I try to set up push notifications and I only want smart human on one of them. Smart auto and human on the other. However I go and enable it first and then click on Motion Detect then uncheck the IPC and then the save at the top right and then exit. Come back in and it is enabled again. The motion detection, Motion, Smart Motion Human, Smart Motion Vehicle, and Audio Detected seems to not save no matter what I do. Can someone give me some help? I have a micro SD card in both cameras also. I do not have a DVR/NVR. Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Android View Pro not saving Push notifiations

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

So I don't have your camera and I can't say for sure what or why. But I will give you a guess of what I think it might be.

For SMD, It is related to the Motion and might be why it won't let you turn it off. Without the Motion being active the SMD don't work as it is part of it just has the ability to know the difference between a Human and a car or dog and or a car or a bear however at times a bear might come in as a human lol.

Can I ask why you want to use SMD and Not a IVS rule? From what I see from cameras right now that have SMD there seems to be some issues with normal motion at times as well. Not sure if that was an accident or if there is just some issues with the way I have mine setup.

With my systems I turn off motion recording and only save images on motion, I setup my IVS trip wire and other options as my camera has Fast Moving Gathering and others as well. Anyway setting up a IVS rule I don't get any false alerts and anytime I get a IVS alert I know it is going to be Human or Vehicle so I know to look. When I had SMD going it seems that there was some other things going on and motion along with SMD alerts were coming. Not good as you will just ignore after you get enough false alerts.. If you have IVS with Human and Vehicle settings I would use that over SMD..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

By the way most of my AI is under my NVR's and my NVR's when I turn on Notices, I don't get the motion and audio

However I do have a 8mp AI camera that I went and setup with Notices and when I turn on push sure enough mine also sets Motion and Audio even though my camera don't have audio. I setup only IVS and turn off the others and sure enough when I come back in Motion and Audio is enabled again

So scratch what I said before about what I thought having Motion turned on as part of SMD as it has nothing to do with that.. I will pass this along to Amcrest and see if they can get it fixed in a new update to the app.
Be Safe.
jjbender

Post by jjbender »

Thanks Revo2Maxx. I did click on the IVS. I'm new to this. Not computers but to this area of cameras so I had to actually figure out what IVS is. Anyway you also mentioned rules. Is there somewhere I set that up? I know that Surveillance Station will use the AI from the camera so I need to setup the camera using the website or view pro. I also have the AD410 doorbell and a small inside camera I use once in awhile. I found Region Setting in view pro and I set that up and now better. Thanks for the help
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well for best results you will want to log into the cameras WebUI. Best to use IE if it hasn't been removed if it has then use Edge in IE mode. That is reported to be supported until 2029. Once you go to WebUI, click on setup(settings), then click on Event, press the Smart plan and click on the light bulb option. Save or apply. The click on left side the IVS tab. Your scene will come up. Now on the right is a box with + sign at top. Press the + to add a rule. One of mine I have intrusion, tripwire and parking detection enabled. After you press + in the drop down choose what one you want. Intrusion you draw a box tripwire you draw a line or a few lines when done with line draw press right mouse button to finish draw. Then choose your option if it has Target Filter choose object type. For me on road I have enter for best results of image capture. Personally I would leave Sensitivity at default. However if your camera is far from scene then bottom left I would change min size to something to help not to false trigger. To far away and small size used can give false alerts on dogs and cats. At the bottom make sure to enable snapshot and save. Then on screen it will now show your line. If using Chrome or edge normal mode no lines will show.
Be Safe.