Android Beta App

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
James.S

Android Beta App

Post by James.S »

Caution :!:
This Beta Version is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, Installing the beta testing APP you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport

I hope you all are having an awesome day! We have been testing this app for integrity and would be more than happy to work with our community to test and find possible issues.
please see the below information for Known issues and where to download the original and test Apps.

:!: Known Issues :!:

- Audio Detection notifications do not function properly at this time.

- There are some Spelling/Grammer issues.

Here is the Current Version of the app on the play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o&hl=en_US

- This will install as you would a normal app on your phone.

Here is the Beta Version of the app.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TBeAuk ... t1k91/view

- Download this from your phone, Once finished click on the APK file and your phone will walk you through the install.

- This will require you to possibly activate developer mode on your phone and toggle the ability to install unknown apps.

We are bringing this to you guys due to the most recent issue with Android 10 and the display being off and not displaying the scrollable functions, Thank you all for your patience with Amcrest.

Please post your feedback and or any issues you are running into here.
AndrewH

Re: Android Beta App

Post by AndrewH »

James,
can you provide an update on the issues with Android 10 and the Amcrest View Pro app referred to in your post from October 2019 please. I have a Motorolla G7 Play Android phone currently running Android 9, but has a pending update to Android 10. I have the current Amcrest View Pro version 4.2.0.10 downloaded from the Google Play store now running successfully with my IP2M-841 cameras (after some effort with networking, router & firmware setups to cure 'Login Timed Out' and 'Connection Failed' issues) and do not want to mess this up in going to Android 10.

If there are any remaining issues/limitations with running Amcrest View Pro on Android 10 phones could you please list them.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@AndrewH Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I can't say about your phone or setup.. I can say that I am using the Samsung S9 Phone was on droid 9 and now is running 10 and things are going well with the App I have not had any issues outside the normal everyone once and a while missing camera to find out I have it on wrong View... Other then that it seems to work better then it did before the update to 10...

10/10/2019 build date for the Amcrest View Pro app...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Revo2Maxx,
many thanks - I'll go ahead and do the upgrade and report back results.

Cheers
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Upgrade to Android 10 on my phone completed and I can confirm everything appears to be working fine with Amcrest View Pro v 4.2.0.10.
Chips

Post by Chips »

Hi, is the beta version v4.2.0.10?