Amcrest View Pro -Settings Import and Export

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rgibson

Amcrest View Pro -Settings Import and Export

Post by rgibson »

I just installed 32 Cameras and then had to setup those same 32 cameras in 5 android phones.
Can we get an Import/Export Settings option in the Phone App.
.XML or .TXT with either a warning and clear text passwords or encrypted passwords.
that would also allow configuring 1 or 2 cameras, Export to say .TXT
Manually duplicate the rest of the entries, changing ip, port, name, password then import back into App.
Also as in my case, import into the other phones.

I have 3 more buildings to do, each building is grouped into a favorite. 20 to 32 cameras per building.
multiply that times the five phones.

password entered Manually in the .txt file could be delimited with something like CLEAR:secretpassword
during import, app would see this and encrypt password.
for security, importing an existing camera that has a new CLEAR:password, could require existing password before overwrite.
These are just some thoughts....
WalkGood

Re: Amcrest View Pro -Settings Import and Export

Post by WalkGood »

Yes I'd like to have this. I set up cams in an out of state home. I just got new cellphone but have no idea how to get those cameras into the app on new phone. I'm 1200 miles away from the cams.
Soulcook

Post by Soulcook »

I agree. It’s insane that you can’t share camera setup between devices.

Amcrest really needs to do better.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

When adding a camera to View Pro, you will see an import option from amcrestview.com, but the posters here probably want something else. It does allow importing P2P cameras that have been added to amcrestview.com.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

OK Amcrest, Please!
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Just putting this out there again, maybe some help here Amcrest. :D
At least tell me where the data is stored in the phone app and I'll back it up myself! :evil:
rgibson wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:08 pm I just installed 32 Cameras and then had to setup those same 32 cameras in 5 android phones.
.XML or .TXT with either a warning and clear text passwords or encrypted passwords.
Manually duplicate the rest of the entries, changing ip, port, name, password then import back into App.

I have 3 more buildings to do, each building is grouped into a favorite. 20 to 32 cameras per building.

password entered Manually in the .txt file could be delimited with something like CLEAR:secretpassword
during import, app would see this and encrypt password.
for security, importing an existing camera that has a new CLEAR:password, could require existing password before overwrite.
These are just some thoughts....
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You could try asking for the location of the app camera data by using https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
Also, depending on your needs you may be able to just use another android app like Tinycam that has export/import capability.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Just putting this out there again!
It's been years. Do we have import and export functionality yet?

rgibson wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:08 pm I just installed 32 Cameras and then had to setup those same 32 cameras in 5 android phones.

jack7

Post by jack7 »

Try using Google Backup/Restore.
Backup your main phone AVP app and app data to Google cloud.  Then restore that backup to all your other phones.
You would have to work out the details to see if it fits your needs.
walkgoodphil

Post by walkgoodphil »

rgibson wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:45 am Just putting this out there again!
It's been years. Do we have import and export functionality yet?

Did you ever find a solution for this? Or a workaround?

My cameras are far away in another state and I'm not able to be there for a month or two. Any ideas how I get the app in my new phone configured with the camera configurations?