Amcrest View Pro Push Notification not working properly

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Woody246

Amcrest View Pro Push Notification not working properly

Post by Woody246 »

I have one IP4M 1028 and 3 IP3M 943 amcrest cameras and had always been able to pull up my motion detect video in my push notifications, event list. I have all of the cameras set up and enabled for push type - video. But 2 days ago whenever I would go to my push notifications and event list to play back the motion detected - the 3 IP3M 943 cameras begin to go back to the start of the day as in the "Playback" mode. (For every motion detected, when you click it - it just goes back to the start of the day, and add the new motion detected video).

I have an android cell phone and when I bring up the configuration center, each item is followed by a circled question mark.

Has anyone else had a problem like this and how do you fix it??
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro Push Notification not working properly

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum

While I can't say how long it would take for them to get a fix for this it is my understanding they have found the issue and are working on a fix and should be an update to the app that has broke this function from working. While I don't work for Amcrest Support this is my understanding of the current app issue.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Woody246

Post by Woody246 »

Thank You, Revo2Maxx. It just seems strange that it had been work and suddenly it stops. Do you think a re-installation of the app might work. I am tempted to delete the app from my phone and re-install it and reconnect all of the cameras? Woody246
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly from what I was told that it was in the Update and re installing the app would only put back in the app that has the issues. I have not heard that they back dated the app so my guess it will have the same issue as the one that is installed now. This is a Guess as I can't find any one in the dept that can confirm that
Be Safe
Woody246

Post by Woody246 »

Again thank you. That saves me some time. Woody246. Have a blessed holiday, if we don't talk again, before.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK so an Update...

I have been working with trying to get this out before the weekend however I am not sure that is going to happen.. But I have a good idea that the one released on 30th while it didn't work for me I found out why. Then I am not sure what or why others are broke but if it was because on the 30th release for Video it starts the video over at mid night I can tell you that issue is solved in the new version.. Also what I thought was broke in 30th update didn't work for me because ASP changes some settings and I didn't know that they had been changed so when I tried to get an alert I had no record.. I have in both the 30th release and in the one that was built today maybe not released today but was made today both the Image part of the app works as log as my NVR, or camera is setup right.. Found this out.. today because working with an app that was said to work didn't and after I looked inside my NVR I found what was missing.. Again the app from the 30th Video comes up but starts at not the event time but at mid night and that isn't going to work well lol...

So NEW app coming out,
NEW ASP coming soon
Amcrest is working on Getting things Released in a good timely manner just want to make sure that fixing one thing didn't break another before release...
Be Safe
Woody246

Post by Woody246 »

PROBLEM SOLVE - I don't what the Amcrest software team did, but today December 5, 2020 my Amcrest View Pro push notification, event list, is now playing my videos of motion detect correctly.
Thanks again Revo2Maxx and to the Amcrest Software team that corrected the problem. Woody246
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very good to hear.. It might have been they did get the Update out and has done an auto Update.. So while I can't say for sure that is what happen. You can see what Version your working with by looking at the App info under the 3 lines and 3 dots at top left, then press the help then press the about and it will list an icon under kind of small but it will say Version Like Mine is Version 4.2.015 with a Build Date of 2020.12.04
Be Safe
Woody246

Post by Woody246 »

Thanks RevoMaxx. Your past experience has proven correct again. Not Monday, Not Tuesday but this morning Wednesday they got the server working again at Amcrest and I am receiving notifications again. I guess it was the snow that caused the backlog. But one of my cameras stopped connecting during the outage so I will need to pull it down maybe do a reset. I will try to store my settings so I don't have to go back through setting it up all over again. :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes something to look at. When doing your setup, I would personally do a backup at a point where your normally settings are good and working well. One of the issues that some people can run into is that they are doing things between a good running setup and not so good and take a backup at a point just before the fail point and when they restore to the backup it is bad again...

Meaning. After a Fresh install or after a Reset, setting up camera and getting all the Core settings in there, Email, FTP, DDNS and cameras settings to a point of working well that is where the backup should happen and store it as CoreBackup22 in a Dir for that camera if you have loads of hardware need a way to remember where your backup is :) Then as time goes on if you choose to do a backup again don't call it Core you know it has been working well with that setting since and all the little changes between then and now so call it LastBackup or ThisBackup something so you know if you restore that backup and it don't work well another Reset and restore of the CoreBackup22 should cure it.

Cool thing about Backup and my 16ch NVR's I can reset the NVR and pull the backup without even setting up the NVR and it is running back as expected. Unless I am soing a FULL system Reset then I pull in a NVR FreshBackup that pulls in email, ftp and Network data only. That way I can work on resetting the cameras and moving them back onto the NVR's. Learned the hard way lol. However for some setting is a set and forget. That type just don't work for me lol

Glad to hear your notices are coming again. Personally mine has not started. So I will remove the hardware from app and ad it back P2P and see if it starts up again. I removed from P2P and installed IP when I heard others wasn't working so maybe it will work P2P. DMSS still sending push on my IP setup tested that and I get notices turn off and turn on Amcrest for push and so far nothing. I had left it on until I seen your post when i noticed I was not getting any still. So maybe my area slow to roll
Be Safe