Amcrest View Pro Push Notification not working properly

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
bradetter

Re: Amcrest View Pro Push Notification not working properly

Post by bradetter »

I have an open ticket to try and solve the push problem for Amcrest View Pro on iphone 11 or 13. I am using TCP and not using P2P due to security concerns. My NVR is recording movement events and they are visible during Playback. Like many others have reported in the forum, my push notifications stopped without any changes in software, firmware, or hardware. All of my firmware and Amcrest software is current. I have uninstalled and reinstalled/reconfigured the Amcrest View Pro several times; rebooted router, NVR cameras, etc... nojoy.
I am unable to receive push notifications when we're home and logged into the same network.
Has anyone had any luck with a solution that can be replicated?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Does it work with P2P?
bradetter

Post by bradetter »

I’m not using P2P due to security concerns.
thx
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Security Concerns? Please enlighten us? P2P is a way better connection method when setting up the App to your camera. Password is Encrypted. Personally I am not important enough to care if someone has access to my normal Static cameras. My PTZ cameras on the other hand that could be a different story. I have yet to have anyone access my system without knowing. I don't share my password with any service outside of my Security System so it isn't like I have to worry about Starbucks having access to my Recorders or Ip cameras if I happen to access my Email from their network or a Internet Cafe.. Sure if I accessed the system on my laptop on ASP they would get my Devices SN but as I said the Password is Encrypted and last time I tried to crack mine with my OLD Slow computer it said it would take 129 years and I don't know anyone would want to gain access to my stuff that bad..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I asked if it worked with P2P. Does it?

If relying on TCP, you'd better be one helluva network security expert to ensure a better security solution than P2P provides for remote access to a security camera system on a private home network in 2023.