Amcrest View Pro NOT WORKING

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
cartoz

Amcrest View Pro NOT WORKING

Post by cartoz »

It has been two days now that i cant connect to my camera through the amcrest view pro app, however i know the camera is working because i am able to connect via laptop. My wifes app stopped working at the same time as me. I still get motion detection alerts however live view keeps saying unable to connect. Can someone help me figure this out!!!!
aopisa

Re: Amcrest View Pro NOT WORKING

Post by aopisa »

I am sorry I don't have an answer for you.

I have two cameras. When I first set them up I had nothing but problems with the app. I could see the cameras on my computer. Also, on my mobile devices when on a cell signal.

On wifi sometimes both cameras would show up. Other times only camera one would load and then only camera two. Many times I could not see both. It was also device dependent with problems between the iPhone and the iPad. This went on for a week or more.

Suddenly everything began working nearly 100% of the time. I believe a lot of the problems are on the Amcrest end despite their constant denials.
rtg497

Post by rtg497 »

It's not unusual to get that message apparently. Try hitting it a few times. The error will either go away or not. If not, go to Device Manager and select that camera. Hit the little computer monitor icon and you'll get a drop-down menu of items. Go to the Camera Setting>Video Stream item. Open it and hit the IPC item. You should see a Video and Audio selection. Make sure they are turned on. They turn off sometimes. Save using the floppy disc icon in the upper right. Go back out and try that camera now. If you have trouble with any other cameras, do the same. They should all be working now.
Shelleyo

Post by Shelleyo »

I set up my camera and the app on my phone. I can get a live view on my phone, but not on my husbands phone. When I go to the video stream and click on my camera the app just completely stops working.
Dooveall

Post by Dooveall »

Same issue here. It has been 3 days now that i cant get my my camera to Live stream through the Cloud app on my phone or computer. It just spins indefinitely saying "Staring live view" until it times out. However I know the camera is working because i am able to connect via my tablet with View Pro. My network is working so it is a problem on Amcrest side. sigh
Johnsonc88

Post by Johnsonc88 »

So I know this is an old post, however I just had the same issue. When I go into devices on the app I had to choose the device then click the pencil (edit) icon and make sure the live view was set to main and this fixed the issue
Chief

Post by Chief »

Hi All, Sorry to intrude, but, this might be lengthy. I have a AMDV10808M-8B-W video system I have 8 cameras installed. Been working good for years. Recently, I needed to look up a past video recording on the phone app. I can see live view perfectly fine, but the playback function only flashes a 1 second picture then goes black.... Nothing on the video bar at the bottom of the app (time scale). I am NOT a tech type person, at all :)... I have uninstalled the phone app, multiple times, reconnected to my system using P2P system function... Been down the "call Amcrest Tech Support" avenue, not a pleasant experience, couldn't understand her accent, No help at all... She had me do all the uninstall/re-install phone app gambit too... Was there an update sent out somewhere that caused this issue to FUBAR? Have they determined the fix for the phone app? System works perfectly fine when logged into directly... Any help, advice, miracles gladly accepted and appreciated! Technology was supposed to make life simpler...
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

iPhone or Android? And how are you attempting to access the video of interest? 'Playback'? Or 'My Saved Files'?
alex411

Post by alex411 »

I also have a problem viewing past video recordings and notifications. For some days one hour playback is available for others no recordings at all. For the last night 15 minutes only. Everything was working fine until February update. I can see all past video recordings on DVR but not on Amcrest View Pro.

Regarding notifications. I receive notifications but when I click on them it shows nothing.

Based on Google Play Store reviews it's a known issue that a lot of people experience.

I'm using Android 13 and trying to access video using Playback.

March update didn't fix the issues. I'm wondering is there a way to download a previous version of Amcrest View Pro from official website instead of waiting when it will be fixed? I mean to download the version 4.2.024.

Thanks
Chief

Post by Chief »

Sorry for the delays, been pulling my hair out with tech support... No help whatsoever... I have android phone. I can see playback on the amcrest system itself, I can see it on my desktop, but the phone app will not, in no uncertain terms, let me do playback function. They had me uninstall the program 6 times already from the phone and re-install... Like I said before, I can stream "live view", but, playback does not access the system. Only thing I can thin of is that phone got an update within the last coupe of months and that sent this FUBAR... Worked a couple of months ago... I saw a post like Alex said, download previous software version, couldn't figure out how or to link the past software version into the app... Not tech savvy