Amcrest View Pro NOT WORKING

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Chief

Re: Amcrest View Pro NOT WORKING

Post by Chief »

Sorry for the delays, been pulling my hair out with tech support... No help whatsoever... I have android phone. I can see playback on the amcrest system itself, I can see it on my desktop, but the phone app will not, in no uncertain terms, let me do playback function. They had me uninstall the program 6 times already from the phone and re-install... Like I said before, I can stream "live view", but, playback does not access the system. Only thing I can thin of is that phone got an update within the last coupe of months and that sent this FUBAR... Worked a couple of months ago... I saw a post like Alex said, download previous software version, couldn't figure out how or to link the past software version into the app... Not tech savvy
ko6kl

Re: Amcrest View Pro NOT WORKING outside of home

Post by ko6kl »

i have amcrest cams at two homes, used to work well to view on my cell phone , not works only at home most of the time now... not just fire wall at home as this is a two home system .. .and both quit working at the same time as cloud service offer came in the email from amcest... so please exsplane how sometimes it works now and most of the time its not displaying on my cell from out on the road....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ko6kl Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So if your system is no longer working outside your home it might be that you installed the cameras using Ip method and not P2P for it to work while away you will want to setup your devices using P2P by scanning the QR code on the device or you can get it from most devices using WebUI and going to the P2P. If your device don't have that feature then you will want to log in to WebUI and go to the Devices info page and in your app click enter SN manually. Enter the SN and save.

Also you will need to make sure that the device has access to the internet and that your speed is 1mb or better. I would say 10 or better for best.
Be Safe.
digitaldizza

Post by digitaldizza »

Mine cameras just all of a sudden became unviewable outside of my home. It used to work just fine. The odd thing is that my wife can view them externally just fine. The only thing that changed for me was my cell phone was on AT&T before and is now on Tmobile. Any suggestions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@digitaldizza Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Same phone different service? Or is it a new phone you added in the AVP and added back your cameras?

If new phone with new app install, I would double check that you installed your cameras over the P2P option and not the IP. It is easy at times to have the IP in mind while setting up the cameras and choose that option, Then system only works on same network. I would double check that your connected using the right format. If not just remove the camera or DVR/NVR and add it back using the P2P method, Scanning the QR code or entering the SN manually if needed. It has to be setup using the P2P SN method.
Be Safe.
digitaldizza

Post by digitaldizza »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:12 pm @digitaldizza Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Same phone different service? Or is it a new phone you added in the AVP and added back your cameras?

If new phone with new app install, I would double check that you installed your cameras over the P2P option and not the IP. It is easy at times to have the IP in mind while setting up the cameras and choose that option, Then system only works on same network. I would double check that your connected using the right format. If not just remove the camera or DVR/NVR and add it back using the P2P method, Scanning the QR code or entering the SN manually if needed. It has to be setup using the P2P SN method.
I got the new phone months ago, AVP was working both at the house and while away. Recently worked switched to T-Mobile away from AT&T, and it isn't working. My wives phone is on AT&T but her's works just fine internally and externally.

Confirmed both cameras are added via P2P on my app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry for my question. I was just looking to be clear on what you were asking about changing Service. Not all phones can change service from 1 to another and so that was why I was asking if it was from phone you had used while it was working in ATT?

Problem is that T-Mobile and ATT both work within the same network *Type*. Personally there should be no Reason that taking a SIM card from a T-Mobile Serice and adding to a Phone that was Att and it was working while it was under ATT. That it wouldn't work..

Also SO I am clear,, Att right now seems to have some issues with Some users at this current time and it has been reported and it is being researched. it could be that the T-Mobile service that you have inserted into your ATT phone falls within that issue group..

So again I was just trying to find out if the Service was working on ATT phone, Then after adding a Sim for T-Mobile, Same phone it is no longer working? No change to the App installed or how devices were added before Swap..

That would then tell me that it might be an issue with T-Mobile Service falling into the service of the others that are having connection issues!

If it was me, I don't know how the system works to be honest, it might be that your phone as ATT has a different SID registration type then your T-Mobile for your current devices, So if it was me, I would Remove the App, Reinstall and add back the cameras again using P2P setup and see if you are then able to make a connection. It might be that part of the CODE between your DVR/NVR and or Ip cameras might come from Cell Provider. I can tell you that looking at even a local P2P connection to one of my Devices I get a large Secure string, This string that I will call a SID or Service ID number is how the device and my phone know they are able to work together. It might be that with system working on ATT it gave out a SID number for the connection where it was once Valid to a new SID number that is now different because you are using a T-Mobile Device and no longer a ATT device. Not talking about the Serial Number used to make the connection but a SID number that would be made after making that connection over ATT.. My guess is there is a security measure in place that might make it so the app wouldn't work between 2 different Providers. Even removing one of the cameras from the app and trying to add it back might cure the issue. If it don't then Removing the App and adding it back with T-Mobile might make it work as expected if your system isn't within the Current Problem group of people that can't access P2P for the last few months now..

Even if there was no SIM change/Only Serice provider it still could be a SID issue from one being ATT service and now being T-Mobile service. Could have a SID conflict.
Be Safe.
acem77

Post by acem77 »

It's a joke I can access my DVR no problems with my PC under IE mode. Yet they have the nerve to tell me that the software on the phone is not supported because my hardware is out of the warranty window. More or less force obsolescence.. trying to force me to buy new hardware when my old hardware runs fine. they gimped the mobile app which has no reasons not to work. I'm considering opening up some kind of class action against something like this.
Is there an archive of older versions of their software some update they pushed broke this by design.

I can preview the all channels from my mobile app but when I go to play any stored video it shows a sliver of the time.