Amcrest View Pro Issues

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
skaterdudz02

Amcrest View Pro Issues

Post by skaterdudz02 »

Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra. Amcrest app used to work in the beginning until the latest software update.

Running Android V11. The application keeps timing out on live view. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Changed information. Wife's phone works with no issues. Tablet works fine. I think there must be something blocking it.

Anyone have any ideas?
lubowsky

Re: Amcrest View Pro Issues

Post by lubowsky »

Same here. As of this morning, I can't access any of my cameras using Amcrest View Pro on Android 9. Not sure exactly when it stopped but it definitely worked two days ago.
lubowsky

Post by lubowsky »

Going into Setup for each camera and clicking on the Manual Reboot button (System-->Auto Maintain screen) did the trick. That restored access from Amcrest View Pro and also restored sending email.
skaterdudz02

Post by skaterdudz02 »

I tried to access each camera individually but soon get the login timeout messages. Nothing is pulling up. It's as though this phone update has blocked all signals.

Hopefully amcrest will come up with a solution soon as the wife's phone is dead too after hers getting updated.
bivens

Post by bivens »

Still no updates to fix the issue?
skaterdudz02

Post by skaterdudz02 »

Something must have happened. Cameras are now working. Haven't touched one setting!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is only a guess but may want to look over how your connecting to the Cameras and make some adjustments if needed...

1 Some people choose to setup the camera or DVR/NVR using an IP address rather then using the P2P setup that uses the cameras or DVR/NVR's Serial Number.. So if your method is by IP and you didn't do the Outside network then your cameras would only work within the local network (phone would need to be connected to same Network) However setting up over P2P you can access your system outside your home over your Cell network without issue and again will work while at home in network as well just isn't setup to use your IP...

Then that brings up another thing to keep in mind.. IF your setup to use IP and the others are setup to use P2P and lets say that your camera or DVR/NVR is setup with DHCP and for some odd reason after a Router reboot or power outage when power is restored that Router gives out a different IP to your camera or DVR/NVR the others that were setup with p2P would still be able to access but the phones that was setup with a IP wouldn't because that IP is now different...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
skaterdudz02

Post by skaterdudz02 »

So I can say this. For the past two years it has been set up under P2P and not IP for that reason for IPs switching after a reboot. I still have it under P2P and as I was out and about this weekend it worked three times. I am now back to login timeout so it still isn't right but before the update everything was perfect.

I am going to go in and set up through an IP. I have done it before on other DVRs so I know the process. Still wish the P2P setup worked all the time.

Will report back after I do this!
skaterdudz02

Post by skaterdudz02 »

So after manually inputting IP information and making sure port forwarding and everything is good, it is still a no go. There must be something blocking it with the latest Android update. Still works on my tablet with ease.

Does anyone else have this problem?
jdefe

Post by jdefe »

I'm having the same issues. Works fine in surveillance pro and on my table. Can't get the app to work on any phone I've tried. Something definitely changed.