Amcrest View Pro App on Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rdsherwood

Amcrest View Pro App on Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet

Post by rdsherwood »

I have an Amcrest NVR, and access it on my Android devices using the Amcrest View Pro app.

It works great on my Android phones and on an Amazon Fire HD 8 (7th Generation) running Fire OS 5.6.4.0).

I am trying to load the app onto a second Fire HD 8 (5th generation) running Fire OS 5.3.6.4, and it doesn't even show up in the Amazon Appstore on that device. I can't find anything about Fire OS compatibility. Any idea if it is not showing up because it is not compatible with this version of the OS?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro App on Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I am going to guess that it might have been an issue where the earlier model has something just different enough that it won't work with it... If they are the same Model why not just update the one that has the lower FW to the higher FW and then that App should be able to install...

Little different but kind of the same I have a Tab that I can use the software on and yet same machine just different model so the fW or SW I guess is just different enough that it don't show up on the list of items that I can DL... Here is something that I found.. If I look at owned Apps at the store I can see the App and so I click it to down load and I get a message that it isn't able to run on this device.. So that is where I based my idea of this issue off.. It is ok really anyway on the one it does run on it have the effect of what I call Nose Bleed anyway... It works so slow that in effect makes me feel ill... Hard to Explain...

Another thing to note... It might be that there is some type of Chip difference between the 2 tabs that makes it so one can't run all that the other can. Like Ram or CPU or even Space required hard to say really...
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: Amcrest View Pro App on Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet

Post by jack7 »

rdsherwood wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:57 am I have an Amcrest NVR, and access it on my Android devices using the Amcrest View Pro app.
It works great on my Android phones and on an Amazon Fire HD 8 (7th Generation) running Fire OS 5.6.4.0).
I am trying to load the app onto a second Fire HD 8 (5th generation) running Fire OS 5.3.6.4, and it doesn't even show up in the Amazon Appstore on that device. I can't find anything about Fire OS compatibility. Any idea if it is not showing up because it is not compatible with this version of the OS?
You could try installing Google Play Store on your Fire tablet and Amcrest View Pro from Google Play Store.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/2 ... re-tablet/