Amcrest View Pro, Android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
earthshaker

Amcrest View Pro, Android

Post by earthshaker »

last weekend I managed to set up my IP2M-841B-V3, I set it up with my phone to get it going, then I set up the position presets using the Amcrest IP Config web app, I think that's what I did anyway. To the issue at hand I can't access the camera on my computer here because I didn't set up port forwarding.
Is there a way I can edit the presets positions with my phone? I can select the presets with the phone and it works but I need to change one position a little bit, conversely can I create a new preset with my phone?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro, Android

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure IP config? Maybe I have an old and out dated one that don't have that ability however in mine there are things you can change and what not but I don't see anything that would let me setup Presets... I know I could hit the e and it will take me to the WebUI where I can make adjustments..

About the App on your phone sadly I have to admit there is no way I have found that you can setup Presets within the app and I find this the one and only Flaw in the app.. THere are others that will disagree but I like the app for the most part and working with P2P cameras is a breeze...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: Amcrest View Pro, Android

Post by jack7 »

earthshaker wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:42 pm ...
Is there a way I can edit the presets positions with my phone? I can select the presets with the phone and it works but I need to change one position a little bit, conversely can I create a new preset with my phone?
I can change or add a preset in my Amcrest PTZ camera by using the Onvifer Pro android app. If your camera supports ONVIF for presets, then it should work too. To use Onvifer Pro on a remote phone, port forwarding or a VPN would be needed.