Amcrest Surveillance Pro not working with the new Mac 64 bit Catalina OS

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
davwarren

Amcrest Surveillance Pro not working with the new Mac 64 bit Catalina OS

Post by davwarren »

Apple reminded developers back in December 2017 that from January 2018 existing apps had until June 2018 to prepare their 64-bit apps.We are now in Nov 2019 and Amcrest still has not come out with a new 64 bit Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

Now that Apple released their new OS Catalina that only supports 64 bit the 32 bit Amcrest Surveillance Pro is useless on my Mac and many others and we can no longer view our security system on our Macs. I have called Amcrest and the only answers I get is its being worked on. In Jan 2019 I spent several hundred dollars on my Amcrest security system because of how good the reviews were. Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision.

I don't want to hear it's being worked on, I would like a date from Amcrest when the 64 bit version will be released. I don't think that is too much to ask a company that continued to sell surveillance systems after June 2018 knowing full well the current Mac version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro would not work after the new Apple Operating system was released.

Amcrest, all your Mac consumers are looking for is answers, Please give them to us.

Thank you!
bryeartem

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro not working with the new Mac 64 bit Catalina OS

Post by bryeartem »

Yes, I agree this is completely unacceptable especially since there is not even a web-based solution that works on OS X even with alternative browsers.
I emailed support a couple weeks ago asking for information about a date, or a beta program to test and this was the response:
"We haven't recieved a time frame regarding release of 64-bit Amcrest Surveillance Pro for Mac OS.
We will update it once we recieve any from our team." (Their mis-spelling, not mine)
...thanks for basically telling me to go shove it... and I will just have to keep checking the website and hope one day a new version pops up. Does anyone have any sense of customer service? You don't have someone in the software department that you can contact for any sort of date? Maybe, ask your superior and mention that many people are asking, and if you plan on not supporting Mac users, just come out and say it. I used to recommend Amcrest cameras to everyone, I can no longer do that with this level of not caring...
Just give us a date... someone there has to have some idea.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I think it will come sometime within a year. You don't say how long you are willing to wait...
You might consider this:
https://www.parallels.com/blogs/catalina-32-bit-apps/
So it appears that for $80 one time charge, you could continue to use current ASP, and also use Safari Amcrest Web UI if you install free Mac OS version old enough that allows Safari plug-ins. There is a Parallels trial period to test it.
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

How about giving us a temporary fix that works on the prior Mac update High Sierra 10.13.6 which was working prior to several weeks ago running your 32 bit program on a 64 bit older OS? I used it for months on my camera system configured P2P in the Pro Setup. I have not upgraded to Catalina but it stopped showing video. There has got to be a faster way to help all your customers here. We have spent thousands of dollars based on the advertising, and specs put out there on the internet sales sites showing all the features Amcrest has.After we get everything installed, we can't use it! We the end user have to do work arounds or just use the hardware on our phones. I certainly hope this never makes it to Social Media, it would surely damper future sales. Help !
DGS

Post by DGS »

I just downloaded it. It looks good but I can't seem to get the software to identify the cameras. It sees the AMDX10818-4S box but the device screen shows it to be off line. I haven't found the magic button that wakes things up. Can you give me a hand on how to do that?
DGS

Post by DGS »

I found the magic button. I didn't have the pass word correct.
Djcentif

Post by Djcentif »

davwarren wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:23 pm Apple reminded developers back in December 2017 that from January 2018 existing apps had until June 2018 to prepare their 64-bit apps.We are now in Nov 2019 and Amcrest still has not come out with a new 64 bit Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

Now that Apple released their new OS Catalina that only supports 64 bit the 32 bit Amcrest Surveillance Pro is useless on my Mac and many others and we can no longer view our security system on our Macs. I have called Amcrest and the only answers I get is its being worked on. In Jan 2019 I spent several hundred dollars on my Amcrest security system because of how good the reviews were. Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision.

I don't want to hear it's being worked on, I would like a date from Amcrest when the 64 bit version will be released. I don't think that is too much to ask a company that continued to sell surveillance systems after June 2018 knowing full well the current Mac version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro would not work after the new Apple Operating system was released.

Amcrest, all your Mac consumers are looking for is answers, Please give them to us.

Thank you!
I agree. We spent money on your product. Update the software.
Djcentif

Post by Djcentif »

I agree with others. I have Catalina, 64 bit operating system. Your 32 bit software no longer works. When will new software be available to us?

This is your reply with no date. A 64-bit version of the software is currently in development and will be released shortly.

Define shortly
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Be Safe.