Amcrest Pro App won’t work on Cellular (Only on WiFi)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Cmac

Amcrest Pro App won’t work on Cellular (Only on WiFi)

Post by Cmac »

I purchased the Amcrest 4MP ultra HD (8 camera) NOT WIRELESS Cameras. Hard wired.
I have been trying for days to resolve this issue. I have seen were numerous people have the same issue I have but haven’t seen any resolution to the problem.
Problem:
Had no issue setting up the cameras on the Amcrest Pro app, it works fine on my Iphone As long as I use WiFi at my house. I try to view my cameras through the app using cellular and it says “login timed out”. Please Help!
Thanks
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Pro App won’t work on Cellular (Only on WiFi)

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @Cmac and welcome to the forum. have you set up port forwarding for each camera and ensure p2p is enabled?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

As stated before your going to want to do one of the 2 things stated by the poster before.. However if you use P2P you don't have to Port Forward anything..

At your Home or installed camera location you will want to log in over your WebUI. Then going to Setup on the top right, Then click on Network. Depending on the Camera or software in the camera you will then either see a Icon on the left that says P2P, Or you might have to click on TCP/IP first and then in there might be P2P. Then once you get to the P2P part you will want to make sure this is enabled.

Now the next issue might be the way you setup the camera to start with.. If you never gave your SN you might have to delete the camera in your Phone APP and install it again, This time rather then using the IP you will want to pick the option of Setting up your camera over P2P.. Then it will ask you to scan the QR code, It is ok if you already installed the camera just make sure you have noted down the SN of the camera before you delete it from your app... However you can also get the SN by logging in the WebUI if needed... Once you install the Camera again you should now be able to access the camera over your Phone Data...

However if I remember right before you do all that.. .I think there is a Setting in the Phone that might be Blocking you from using your app while off Wifi... This would be under the settings for the Phone and maybe under Connection.. There might be something that talks about what apps will work and won't work on Mobile data as a way to protect your monthly data you can click it to allow it to work on data... It has been a while but I remember seeing that on one of my Phones back when I set this up.. I just can't remember if it was the iPhone or my Droides...

If all that is done.. and you don't want to use P2P then you would have to setup your system for Port Forwarding, That is a large to do and if you don't know much about networking it might be best to just hire someone that would set you up for accessing your system out side your network.. The time and cash will be well spent if you went that route.. However again you don't have to Port Forward if your going to use P2P
Be Safe.
Cmac

Post by Cmac »

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

After reading your reply it appears I’m going to have to do a little bit of research. I’m not real familiar with P2P. I guess what is confusing me is I thought that P2P was only for wireless cameras. I apologize ahead of time for my lack of knowledge in this area. I feel very capable of informing myself about what you’ve written and I will reply back after I give it a try. Again I wanna thank you for your help.
Cmac

Post by Cmac »

I wanted to thank you once again for your help. After doing some reading about what you told me to do, I resolve the issue with the app that I was having. It was as simple as going in to P2P and adding each camera individually. Once I did that they all popped up. Everything works great. Thank you for your guidance!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you for the Update and I am glad you got it all worked out...
Be Safe.