All Camera Notifications Link Needed

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
LarryB5417

All Camera Notifications Link Needed

Post by LarryB5417 »

We need the software team at AMCREST to create a link on the phone applications to change turn off or on all camera Notifications.
When you have many cameras you now have to go into each camera and turn off notifications, then Save, then exit, then continue to each camera same issue.
Turning off notifications in Phone Settings is not enough. Motion alerts are still recorded and directed to our NAS,FTP or SD storage. And email alerts are still coming.
When you have outdoor events, or stay in your vacation home, or need to shut down all recorded,emailed,motion alerts at once, there is no setting.
The only other option to stopping each camera from Motion is either turning each cameras Motion OFF or shutting down all power to all cameras.

Firmware is needed to link all cameras Motion Alert ON/OFF switch together and say "Motion OFF or ON All Cameras"

thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: All Camera Notifications Link Needed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that is a feature that wouldn't ever take place. Problem is your looking for a 1 solution for your needs. The issue I see is that is a Solution that don't fit many other peoples needs. I mean Smart home devices you can turn off all notices from the front of the APP and while it is device based (No 1 button shuts down all)

So then I come to my AI DVR I have a little bell icon that at first I didn't think did much of anything. However I learned later after asking and being told that it was option for different model that bled over to mine. However later after that answer I found that if I have that off I no longer get Emails or Notices to my phones.. So it does have function and now I love using it...

So how can someone do something right now to all devices. I would have to guess maybe there might be a CGI command that one could run to turn off all your asking for. This could then be turned into a Batch file or some other type of setup that would turn them all off at 1 time with 1 command.

So like this
192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Email.Enable to turn on or Disable to turn off

I won't make any Scripts or Batch files for the functions but a 1 type solution for your devices would have to be something at the user level that isn't ever a feature that I would want to use as I have way to many devices that I wouldn't want turned off from notices or emails to be sent for reasons that I have them setup.. Sure it is kind of a Pain to get my Doorbell going off every time I mow the lawn or have someone come by and we are outside talking and move in and out of the Zones. But I would rather get my notices then not.

Now that command above isn't all that you asked for it is only how to turn on and off the email. The other features you don't want on would have to be also setup. Again in a Script or Batch file and would need to be setup with each of your devices. Once you get it setup for 1 it is just copy change IP paste command and repeat until your device list is filled. Once you turn them off then you would want to make another batch file or Script to turn them back on..

with my NVR's I can turn off email as a whole or at per channel level. My AI DVR don't have that at the Mail area but again as I said does have the Bell on the camera level that shuts all alerts off..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Another option and while it isn't going to be the best it would be the fastest and easiest. Setup all your devices on a Switch that is behind your normal network. Then you could log into your main switch and turn off the port the other switch is connected too, This would then turn off all outside access and no email or FTP if the server was on main switch and not the one you turned off. Another way is if the first switch was just a Hub or router and not able to turn on and off switch ports then it could be unplugged when you want all access to the internet to stop..

This would still keep all devices able to talk to the NVR if you had one and or anything that was plugged into the CCTV Switch. (Like maybe you had a PC or something for backups on that switch) then that will still function as expected unless it was connected to the other switch/hub/router that it was removed from..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

The modification I am looking for would would be the Amcrest Phone Application adding a link within the "Configuration Center" add under/Motion Detection/a separate link that says " All Cameras". Here you will find all your Devices, at the top, add the "All Cameras" link to activate On-Off setting.
Amcrest could easily link all the cameras Motion Detection on-off setting here.