2 Cameras, 1 video

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
GCS

2 Cameras, 1 video

Post by GCS »

Hadn't ever heard of such an oddity before...

2 different cameras give me 2 different views in the moblie app, but on the PC, both are showin me the same video (the view from camera 1). It's worked flawlessly for over a year, but just stated this about an hour ago. The S/N, login, etc are all correct, but I can't get the actual cam 2 stream to show (on the PC, I can see it fine view the mobile app).

Any ideas where the problem lies?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 2 Cameras, 1 video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that you have the app showing 2 different stream types? I don't know for sure just a guess. Most apps won't allow 2 different setups of the same camera so maybe you were using 2 different apps and one was showing Main stream and the other showing Sub stream that is able to show a different view from same camera. However if you have a 2 lens camera then that is a different things all together. What camera are you using, might help answer your question. Here is a couple of pictures of one of my Amcrest cameras that I can use the Sub2 stream to have a different view. It had options to have bigger sub channel option however I wanted the much different look so I chose the 720p option in setting it up and able to point the box anywhere in the main area of view. Is something like that what you were talking about or is your camera a dual lens camera?
Screenshot (952).png
Screenshot (952).png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2300 times
Screenshot (953).png
Screenshot (953).png (843.82 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Thanks for the reply, got a little more detail...

I don't know that my camera (IP67 turrets) had more than one "camera" in them, but I do have Main, Sub1, and Sub 2 stream options.

- Cam1 works perfectly fine and I can switch between the streams for basically the same view.
- Cam2 works perfectly fine ...on the phone app
- Cam2 on my PC (Amcrest View Pro) is showing Cam1's sub1 stream when I select Cam2's Main stream and nothing for sub1 or sub2.
...Cam2 is on another side of the house; there shouldn't be anything similar about Cam1 and Cam2's views to begin with, but it seems that at least within the PC Amcrest software, Cam2 is being fed Cam1's stream for some reason. They're connected via P2P and do have the right serials, logins, etc, so those aren't mixed up at least.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It almost sounds like you are accessing a View Pro after doing a play back and then close out. After being it back up displays the device in space 1 of where it might have been a different device normally.. While I can't say for sure that this is the issue. It does sound like that..

For instance, I have a 16ch NVR that I am connected to and I load camera 6 for playback. After playing that back I close out of the AVP. When I start AVP again the ch6 is now listed 1 times, 1st spot and then the normal 6th spot and in ch1 is missing all together. So that is why I am thinking that might be what is going on for you as well..

Way to cure this is to click the top left, then click Live View, This should put the view back to normal. In the event that it doesn't then you might have to load them again, Click on The top left again, then click Device Management, then choose the device you want to be in first spot, Then click at the bottom of that box Start Live View. Then it will be with first device, so click the top right this time and then choose the second device and so on. When going into device manager I forgot to say click on the pencil and then choose live view and that will make the view back to normal.

If you meant you are using ASP on your Desktop then that could be a different issue altogether.
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Yes, on a desktop is where the issue is. If I use a smartphone then everything appears correct.

I have 6 cameras total, and NO DVR/NVR at all (live feed only). I have cleared the view of them all and started over, but the problem is still there. I can rearrange the order in which they show, refresh, etc, and it's consistently the same problem with the one camera showing another's stream.

Since everything works 100% if I use the phone app, I presume the issue is entirely in the desktop/software (the ONLY place there is a problem), but I'm still baffled at how this is even possible really.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is something I have never heard of before. What is the Camera model? I don't even have any of the cameras from years ago that could pull a feed from a different camera and pass along. Using the one camera as a man in the middle setup. I didn't know Amcrest has these type of cameras. IF it isn't that type of camera I am not sure what is going on then. I would maybe make a ticket and have Amcrest take a look at things. Without seeing it first hand it might be hard to know what is going on.

If we know what the Model is there might be something in the Doc we can look up and see if there is a Man in the middle setup/use case where it can be toggled on or off.
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

I don't have the exact model, but they're IP67 turrets that are approx 2 years old.

That aside, I think the issue is somewhere in the Amcrest software really, specifically on the desktop. I can see the correct feed on anything else (trying 2 different phone and another desktop).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very strange for sure. Not sure how to cure this. If it was my system I guess I would un-install the software and try a fresh install. Might have been some type of update that corrupted the files. I am not sure how it would be able to do such a thing.
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Got it, maybe if by chance.

I removed the "problem camera" from the software entirely, cleared all the temp files on the PC, rebooted the PC, and added that camera again. It's giving me the correc view now on that PC.

The issue had to be with a file on the PC somewhere; I had removed/readded the camera before on that system and it made no difference.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got it figured out.
Be Safe.