Why cant I go to a specific point in a recording?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
madmaxaka

Why cant I go to a specific point in a recording?

Post by madmaxaka »

Heres a video showing what I mean: https://youtu.be/lgVxvUMN-Lc

Its rather annoying that I cant get to a specific point in the recording... I am also having issues exporting videos...

This is shown here: https://youtu.be/6tnrUuN0dOY

Also -- Why isnt the application built to run as a windows service? This means we have to enable Windows auto login for the NVR to start. It only makes sense that it be a windows service, so that it auto runs on reboot and doesnt require a login..
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Why cant I go to a specific point in a recording?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So Auto log in? I am going to guess your asking about the PC-NVR part of ASP? When you setup the Software package there was if I remember right an area that asked if you wanted it to Auto Load and must have been over looked. That is ok and easy to cure.

In the area of windows next to the clock is Hidden apps ^ click the ^ and then click on the PC-NVR, then in there click on Auto log in and every time the computer is restarted or booted up the PC-NVR still start and anything you have setup in Recordings will start..

Now about scrubbing I am not sure how things are setup for your system... I did look at the Video and it looked like your were able to click and look at parts of the time line other then where it started!? What is it that your trying to do?

Lets say this.. Looking at your video you know about the list on the right, So if you know of a part of the time you want to jump you can click on that right side of the list to get you close.. Then take your mouse once you click there say your looking at 720am, on the right click on 7am area, then with mouse roll your mouse forward to bring the timeline into a closer view this will let you move in to a smaller area to work with and little easer to click to your point of view area. So maybe in zoomed out bar when you clicked on 720 it took you to 715, push mouse wheel forward (Roll) and it will zoom into that area of time then click again just before 720 and should take you to that point.. When zoomed out it is kind of hard to make a good point in time to the one someone wants...

About DL, I am going to guess you will want to make your playback (Recorded times) smaller if you want to DL the whole block. IN truth the best thing is to click the Clip, and set the start and stop time you want to DL and then click to save it and where you want it saved...

Also in the player lets say you have an alert you know the Second to the point you want to see the footage you can click on the Bar under time. You will need to click the camera you want to search, then date, then time to the second. Lets say you are doing motion alert recordings and your first event time started at 354am and had another event at 355 under same event you can do a search to the point in time you want and it will start playing back at that time and don't have to see the first min that isn't showing what you want.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mrmox

Post by mrmox »

If I have a short 5 minute clip I want to export on several cameras it is very difficult to do because of the INABILITY TO ZOOM THE TIMELINE!
I have read that the only way to zoom the timeline is to use a mouse/keyboard with a scroll wheel and this does seem to work.
BUT why not have another way to zoom the timeline like there used to be?

How about a HOTKEY to bring the Start and End of the red clip selection cursors closer together so the END is not way past the end of the search clip by 1
hour?

Maybe there is another way to export short clips? Thanks for listening.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Maybe check out this thread. I posted about how to DL using API. It works for me, Can't say it will work for you if you are trying to pull from ASP/PC-NVR..
https://amcrest.com/forum/nvrs-dvrs-f19 ... 16881.html
Be Safe
mrmox

Post by mrmox »

Thank you for your thoughts.
When I read API I think Application Program Interface so you must be writing some code that calls the API in some language?

My problem is entirely in the GUI of the Windows exe program that I run on a LAPTOP (No mouse scroll wheel!).
I can make it work by attaching an external SIIG Wireless Mini Multimedia Trackball Keyboard discontinued SKU JK-WR0412-S1
(because it has a scroll wheel) but this is ridiculous to need to do!

Amcrest Surveillance Pro Reports Version V2.003.0000001.0
mrmox

Post by mrmox »

When I search for a rime range that is 5 minutes long the ASP finds that and sets the timeline to the start and end I searched for.
BUT, when I try to mark a range with the SCISSORS tool, the END of the snip is very far off the screen to the RIGHT being defaulted to 1 hour from the START.

Without the ABILITY to ZOOM THE TIMELINE it is not practical to pull and pull and pull the timeline until the END of the snip is visible (and then PULL and PULL and PULL the END back so it is close to the START)!

Attached an image showing the snip range as it defaults to 1 hour from the search start and ignores the search end.
Attachments
snip_start_end.jpg
snip_start_end.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So that didn't answer my question. Is the footage you are trying to pull from off ASP/PC-NVR? or are you using ASP to pull footage off of a Camera or DVR/NVR?

ASP is a program that used to manage camera feeds. However PC-NVR is where that software can store feeds. By the same token, ASP can take footage from DVR/NVR or IP camera directly and is normally the main function of ASP.

So as I go to post my reply there is another. That is right I agree I wish it worked as it did before where you could click the start area and then again click and it would move to that end area. However in your picture you can pull the end line and move to the ending time you desire. So lets say in your picture your start time was 8:32:50 and wanted the ending time to be 8:37:50 drag that right line to that point and save.

However again if coming from a IP camera or DVR/NVR API code applies
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a fast video of what I am talking about. It is unlisted and not showing on my youtube channel and can only be found from this link.
https://youtu.be/7syGILV118U

hope this helps anyone looking to do this.
Be Safe
mrmox

Post by mrmox »

Thanks for all the effort! Once the Start and End of the snip are BOTH VISIBLE ON THE SCREEN AT THE SAME TIME I have no problem. I think I should have emphasized that I used SEARCH before I tried to snip, and therefore the timeline was set to just the few minutes in my search specification. AND the END of the Snip was way way way off the right, AND I could NOT ZOOM THE TIMELINE DOWN to make it visible! (without plugging in a device with a scroll wheel). So many times there are details (context) in my head that I fail to include in the description of the problem!
mrmox

Post by mrmox »

My recollection is that when I ran the ASP installer I UN-CHECKED the box to install the PC NVR part. FWIW!
My DVR box is AMDV10808-S3

Probably EVEN MORE details are necessary to convey the full context: I Used the Search AFTER I EXPLICITLY SET THE TIMES TO SEARCH and did not just accept the default 24 hour search start to end that is offered when ASP is started and you don't modify it.

THAT is why (for me) the timeline is only a few minutes and I need to be able to zoom down to make the snip end visible.

Maybe the ultimate answer is "Don't do it that way!" :roll: But if I could zoom the timeline without an external device it would work fine.