View NAS recordings from ASP?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Kev7274

View NAS recordings from ASP?

Post by Kev7274 »

I have seen how to set up the Cams to use my NAS to view recordings,but I assume that's for the recordings done by camera settings. I have my NAS taking care of my recordings,so the camera doesn't do it. Can I view the recordings on the NAS in ASP?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: View NAS recordings from ASP?

Post by longedge »

That's an interesting concept Kev, streaming to web pages from a NAS. So, to the world at large rather than to an individual logged in user? Are you looking at streaming outside your own LAN?

I don't have any suggestion off the top of my head as the only way I've used recordings on my NAS is over my own internal network. What NAS do you have? Does it support running a web server and most importantly do you have sufficient upstream bandwidth?

I'm probably not helping, but you've tweaked my interest :)

p.s. my own interest currently lies in uploading snapshot images to my web space that are embedded in static html pages.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Kev7274

Post by Kev7274 »

I use a Synology and I have the Surveillance Station recording 24/7 and after a given time,those files are over written.

I don't need to be able to view those recordings outside my LAN,but I would like to view them from the ASP if I needed to. As of now I can view the Cameras in ASP,but to see the actual recordings on the NAS,I need to log into the Synology NAS and view recordings from there.Hope that makes sense.

I could always just have the Cameras do the motion detection,ect so I can view them if that's a better option.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I think that if you store on NAS or FTP only way to access them would be over the network or off FTP server using a Player. For me I have my items going to my DVR's and then I have a few that send FTP and one that goes to NAS. For me these are for backups incase there is footage that I need that I can't get off my DVR do to a failing HDD or what not. Then every 15 days if I need nothing from the Backups I delete all but the last 2 days so it is really 13 days but 15days worth. This is also a good thing to think about when you have a IP camera with a SD Card slot. .Just because you connect to FTP or NVR/DVR it is good idea to install the SD card and have the extra space for buffer and backup incase of a network fail. Most times as long as the Camera isn't the cause of the fail it will store to SD card, Send to FTP and repeat. If the link to FTP or even the nas, DVR or nvr fails that data stays on the SD card.
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Kev7274 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:05 pm I have seen how to set up the Cams to use my NAS to view recordings,but I assume that's for the recordings done by camera settings. I have my NAS taking care of my recordings,so the camera doesn't do it. Can I view the recordings on the NAS in ASP?
To playback your recordings in ASP, they need to be recorded on camera SD card, NVR, or ASP PC-NVR.