This is why I don't like ASP

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

This is why I don't like ASP

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So today I thought I would do a fast review on a few new cameras that I bought. Issue is they are not placed right now so I took them to the back yard to make a video. I cleared my computer added ASP and added just my DVR 8m16-H5 and the 2 cameras that I wanted to also review that are Ip cameras oh wait sorry I have 2 IP cameras but only 1 was going to be talked about as new the other is older 4mp to look at 5mp of my Analog anyway. In a hurry because there is a Storm that is brewing and wanted to get this done. However with ASP it isn't playing well. Says 99% CPU used and when I look at the Windows it says the CPU isn't taxed at all?
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (40).png (2.47 MiB) Viewed 4059 times
Screenshot (41).png
Screenshot (41).png (2.24 MiB) Viewed 4059 times
Be Safe.
PedroHin

Re: This is why I don't like ASP

Post by PedroHin »

Some programs only have a way of recognizing/using only one core of you CPU. It is probably using 98% of that one core.

It seems a bit extreme. I think My CPU does about 28% and that's with 6 cameras going.

Did you ever get this figured out?

If you haven't I would close each camera, one at a time and see if just one of them is causing the issue