Surveillance software for older iMac

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
geronimo

Surveillance software for older iMac

Post by geronimo »

I've got an older iMac that I'd like to use for surveillance monitor on my Amcrest cameras. I use Surveillance Pro on my Win10 machine, but for Mac it requires OS 10.7.5. My iMac uses 10.6.8 and will not upgrade.

Is there an older version of Surveillance Pro that will work on my iMac? If not, does anyone have a suggestion on software that I might use to monitor my Amcrest IP Cameras? I don't need advanced features, just monitoring is enough. I do my recording on other devices and SD cards.

Thanks much.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance software for older iMac

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I did some searching and so far I can't seem to find anything that will work on a older Mac.. All of them seem to point to 10.7 only even from a listing of SmartPSS website of Dahua, I can find an older Windows setup however when I try and find what Mac Version they all point to 10.7 or above as stated.. My guess is there was something in the lower Mac software that isn't supported in Smart PSS or ASP...
Be Safe.
geronimo

Re: Surveillance software for older iMac

Post by geronimo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:57 pm So I did some searching and so far I can't seem to find anything that will work on a older Mac.. All of them seem to point to 10.7 only even from a listing of SmartPSS website of Dahua, I can find an older Windows setup however when I try and find what Mac Version they all point to 10.7 or above as stated.. My guess is there was something in the lower Mac software that isn't supported in Smart PSS or ASP...
Thanks for your effort and response.

I had this old iMac sitting around and was going to use it for a monitor for my cameras.