Surveillance pro,SmartPlay and ip config say blocked by admin

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jjvh5150

Surveillance pro,SmartPlay and ip config say blocked by admin

Post by jjvh5150 »

Went to convert some recordings downloaded from phone in smartplay on my laptop and when i clicked on the app it said it was blocked by admin.Surveillance pro and ip config said the same thing.Uninstalled all 3.Reinstalled ip config opened it and logged in to camera to make sure it worked. closed it and went to install surveillance pro and i got the same blocked message again and can't install it. IPconfig is now blocked after working.Running Windows 10. What can i do to get them unblocked?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance pro,SmartPlay and ip config say blocked by admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure why the issue. I just installed ASP on a new computer that has not had it running until tonight and added a camera for testing. I won't use this computer with ASP but wanted to test it. So I am going to guess that you might want to un install and install it again.

When it comes up and ask you to give access you need to make sure that you choose Private Network. If you don't it won't give you access. Also don't choose not to see the messages as there is a few if you choose not to see the message again it might not let the system work right..

I will admit that I did that on this computer for looking at my Cameras on IE and I can't access my IP cameras on IE or Edge on this computer anymore because I chose not to see the alert message after I thought I had already agreed to them all. However I guess I didn't and now it says I don't have access to the Camera or even my Recorders on this computer.. That was because I checked the Don't show this message again..
Screenshot (53).png
Screenshot (53).png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 4440 times
Be Safe.
jjvh5150

Post by jjvh5150 »

I have had these on my pc for years with no problems. I believe it started when i uninstalled Spyhunter 5 spyware software the other day. I am able to install and use them now that i have gone into the registry and turned of UAC in windows. This is only a temporary fix. I believe i may have to change something in the registry to solve this. I have sent a ticket to Amcrest.
Kevro8472

Post by Kevro8472 »

I have three PCs running Windows 11 Pro and ASP and after update KB5029351 the software will no longer open on any of PCs. I tried turning off User Account Control and it had no effect. Is there a way around this? The newer software works but the download speed is HORRIBLE...
Attachments
Blocked.jpg
Blocked.jpg (101.92 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
jrod

Post by jrod »

I have the same issue. As of the last update on my two systems, I'm showing 8/22/2023 there was a Microsoft Windows Defender Update KB2267602 installed, that may be the issue. No other updates were made to my systems, but now I have the error:
User Account Control
This app has been blocked for your protection.

I tried a few options but have settled with running CMD Prompt in admin mode and pasting in the path of the exe file. This works. I would not recommend shutting off UAC for your entire system as is mentioned above.
Kevro8472

Post by Kevro8472 »

I found a work around by modifying the Group Policy Editor:

https://www.makeuseof.com/this-app-bloc ... 20Disabled.
REBB

Post by REBB »

YIm Yim,

I tried your fix and it worked perfectly! I have 4 PCs running ASP. All working fine for years. 3 are Windows 10 and 1 Windows 11.
In the afternoon of Aug 22, 2023 all computers suddenly had the same problem: message that an ADMIN has blocked the app. I run all PCs as an admin so was puzzled but figured it must be from a windows update. I tried several possible suggestions from an online search to solve admin problem but yours was the only one that worked. HOWEVER, I am a novice at dealing with the registry and always fearful of messing things up. By making the change you suggested can it potentially cause another problem or leave me unprotected?
Thanks so much.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like an issue that is new and will require a ticket to Amcrest to see if there is something they need to work out or that MS will need to work out with them. Not an issue on my Win 10 Machines.. Also says Admin on your computer has blocked something in the app? Maybe something that you can setup using admin Privileges
Be Safe.
msh711

Post by msh711 »

Experiencing the same thing, since yesterday 8/22/23, on Win11. Running for over 6 years. I am on ver 1.1.4.0. What ver are you guys on? Also i dont know if this has anything to do with this issue but the digital signature on the exe did not have a time stamp. Maybe the certificate expired?

Read an article that said: "The Windows 10 User Account Control (UAC) blocks running/installing applications with an expired or revoked digital signature. You can verify this in the properties of the executable file on the Digital Signatures tab. Most likely the Code Signing certificate has already expired."
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Can't say that it is. I just DL and installed this Months update just now seeing what you said. So I thought Ok lets look. Installed and updated and I am still able to use ASP..

However I don't have Protect from any un wanted apps or programs either. So maybe not something Amcrest needs to fix or maybe it is as the other Poster said an issue with Expired or Revoked Digital Signature?

But to have people upset saying they are going to a different company because of a Free Software that is offered by Amcrest is Absurd. It is the Hardware that is what is important not a Free to the User Software. I mean there are many other companies that don't even offer their own Video Management Software. And some of those cameras Cost more then what Amcrest cameras cost and really they should have a VMS offering but don't..
Screenshot (56).png
Screenshot (56).png (12.3 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
Be Safe.