Surveillance Pro causing beeps

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
geronimo

Surveillance Pro causing beeps

Post by geronimo »

I'm running the latest version on my Win10 desktop. When I boot up the program, I get three loud beeps, separated by a few seconds each. I get this every few minutes, even if I click on F11 or mute the speaker button in the upper right hand corner. It's annoying enough, but the real problem is that it continues even after I close Surveillance Pro. I have to reboot my computer to make it stop.

Anyone else having this issue? I've looked all through the setup screens and can't decipher any setting that might cause this. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance Pro causing beeps

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you don't use PC-NVR then you may want to turn that off so it don't auto Start up. Then the Beeps should be no longer. I am not sure why it goes more then 1 times as Mine only does it when first starts.. Outside of that maybe there is an issue with PC-NVR on your computer. Maybe there was older version and you installed new one without removing old one I am not sure again mine only Beeps the 3 times after a computer start up..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:58 am If you don't use PC-NVR then you may want to turn that off so it don't auto Start up. Then the Beeps should be no longer. I am not sure why it goes more then 1 times as Mine only does it when first starts.. Outside of that maybe there is an issue with PC-NVR on your computer. Maybe there was older version and you installed new one without removing old one I am not sure again mine only Beeps the 3 times after a computer start up..
Thanks. Indeed, PC-NVR was running in the background. I don't know why or what it even is. I did not purposely start it, nor is it listed in the Startup group in Task Manager. Do I need PC-NVR to do Liveview in ASP? Or, can I just uninstall it from my computer.

What are the beeps for?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Personally I wouldn't uninstall it as it might be something you want to use in the future.. PC-NVR is part of ASP but isn't needed if all you want to do is View the cameras. To be honest when it is setup right and working it can record to your computer as another backup to your Recoding medium.. However if you don't want to use it I don't think it will care if it is un installed.. For me on one of my computers I have my PC-NVR setup to record in the event I have to reset or change out a HDD on my main NVR and in that system I have all my cameras that connect to my POE NVR setup to record. Before giving some of my hardware away I would just take a different NVR for backup turn on and it would pick up where the other one left off. So now with that gone I use PC-NVR as my backup recorder for my main NVR..
Be Safe
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Thanks for your responses.

I've not been able to uninstall just the PC-NVR separate from the ASP. I go into Task Manager/Processes and End Task on both PC_NVR and Challenge. A few minutes later they are running again, even though I haven't booted up ASP or done anything pertaining to the cameras. The beeping is very annoying, three loud beeps every five minutes or so.

If no one else can come up with a solution, I guess I'll have to uninstall ASP. Maybe I can find an older version. It didn't do this on my previous computer with an older version installed. This is a new computer with a fresh ASP install.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If your Win10 is normal setup on the right hand side click the arrow to bring up all your hidden apps that are running in the background, then click on the PC-NVR then make sure that the AUTO RUN is clicked off.. If it is on click to Off and Save.. If that isn't an option might have to uninstall ASP and install again.. Then just make sure that it isn't setup for auto run...
Screenshot (1078).png
Screenshot (1078).png (75.72 KiB) Viewed 7825 times
Be Safe
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

What arrow from what screen in windows for hidden apps? I don't know how you got to that PC-NVR Setting screen.

On edit. Okay, I found that screen. It is not set to autorun. PC-NVR does boot up every time I run ASP. Is there some way I can prevent that? I have no use for PC-NVR, but do enjoy using ASP.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I resolved this by going into the Program Files/ASP/PC-NVR folder and renaming the PC-NVR .exe file. Now, when I boot up ASP, the PC-NVR program does not boot up also.

Thanks for your help Revo.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Great glad to hear you got it worked out.. Great idea will have to keep the info for others that might have same type issues.. Thanks for posting an update.. Welcome anytime.. There are many around that are willing to help always..

Be Safe
Be Safe
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

I just started using Surveillance Pro. The inability to silence it annoyed me for two reasons.
1. It was making a stupid noise.
2. There was no option in Settings to silence it.

Renaming C:\Program Files\Amcrest Surveillance Pro\PC-NVR\PC_NVR.exe to xx_PC-NVR.exe fixed the noise.

Why can't there be a simple Settings option that, amongst other things, silences the annoying noises?