Surveillance Pro: Black screen during playback but still kbps reading...

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
JimmyFal

Surveillance Pro: Black screen during playback but still kbps reading...

Post by JimmyFal »

This is becoming a real pain. When I open Amcrest Surveillance Pro and try to playback video from the local SD card storage over the internet, it appears as though it is streaming the vid because there is an kbps # in upper left corner, but the screen is just BLACK. It used to be every now and then that this would happen, but lately I cannot ever view anything unless I use the WebView.

I have completely removed the software rebooted and reinstalled it. Downloaded latest version.

You can see the streaming kbps info on screenshot. Also might be related is issue with ghost of other programs sometimes appear in the playback window.

Is this a Windows 11 issue I wonder? Is this a known issue? It must be if I can easily reproduce here. Anything I can provide in diagnostic info to get this cleared up?

THE WEBVIEW WORKS FINE, so it is all properly setup as it has worked before, sometimes it reappears as it can be intermittent issue, lately it is persistent.

Here are 2 screenshots
Attachments
display issue 2 playback screen black but still streaming.png
display issue 2 playback screen black but still streaming.png (169.83 KiB) Viewed 9226 times
display issue 1 live view.png
display issue 1 live view.png (211.11 KiB) Viewed 9226 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance Pro: Black screen during playback but still kbps reading...

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to say it almost sounds like a Win11 issue. I have Win10 using i7 and even lesser CPU's and I have never had that issue.

Also you mention that you have Bit rate however is that rate counting down? It could be that it was trying to and then the numbers keep falling. That is the display not really playing..

Something to try and look at. I would double check the format of your cameras. If they are setup for h.265 I would change to h.264 and would be best in h, however if you don't have that then try b. Let it record for some time in that format and then test the playback. OR maybe it is the file is to large for the network speed you are on. It might need better cable, or if though the internet it might be an issue with Up and Dn Speeds...
Be Safe.
JimmyFal

Post by JimmyFal »

Well, even though this has worked on Win 11 consistently before I had an issue, I have not been able to view it lately for many consecutive days. So I right clicked the Amcrest S Pro icon, and went into compatibility mode, I let it set its own parameters and then clicked the button to "test the program". THIS WORKS, every time. However I cannot SAVE the settings to make them work every time, that part does not work.

I am content with how it works for now. Hopefully the software people can fix this in future.

FYI it was happening to me with all 6 cameras I had attached.

Revo you seem to be plugged into these guys, not sure if you work for them, but are you aware of any major "refresh" happening with the Mobile version of the Amcrest Pro software or are stuck with what we got?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a work around over nothing.

JF
Attachments
compat.png
compat.png (51.33 KiB) Viewed 9144 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No, Don't work for them. I personally don't know of any thing going on with Amcrest from business level. Only know what I try on my own or learn along the way.
Be Safe.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

I have been experiencing similar behavior with a new Windows 11 HP laptop as well. Randomly when I start ASP the camera view will display as attached with the Searching video... prompt in each camera frame. Also as someone else mentioned in a previous post I can click each of the camera "frames" and the byte count is active like its receiving video but nothings displayed. Sometimes a restart will correct it, sometimes not. Other times rebooting the computer fixes it, and sometimes not. Sometimes just shutting down ASP and restarting five or six times will bring it back. This behavior is getting annoying!
Amcrest Survelliance Pro with WIn11.jpg
Amcrest Survelliance Pro with WIn11.jpg (151.97 KiB) Viewed 8886 times
SW Version
ASP Version.jpg
ASP Version.jpg (26.64 KiB) Viewed 8886 times
johnr2713

Post by johnr2713 »

I’m having the same problem with randomly not seeing video on a new Lenovo windows 11 laptop. Instead of camera video, the “searching video…” message remains on screen with the window header indicating video resolution and bit rate. If I minimize the application and then maximize it, I will see remnants of what was on the screen where the video should be (i.e. the desktop). Video capture and screenshot both work indicating video is being received as the window header indicates.

Sometimes restarting the app will get video working. If video is working when I launch the app, it will continue to work with no problem until I close the app. It will never start working without a restart. The compatibility mode does not work for me. When it works is completely random making it pretty useless.

I have several computers running Windows 10 and the 1.14 version of ASP with no problems. ASP version 1.14 have a different problem on my Windows 11 laptop: it randomly just closes. No messages, no errors, nothing…

The Chrome web plugin is way out of date and useless for me. I’ve looked into Blue Iris software, however, it appears to be a replacement for my NVR rather than a standalone viewer.

I see many others having the same problem and I’ve not seen any solutions. What other options are there to view video from my Amcrest NVR?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Use Amcrest View Pro on phone, tablet, or maybe with an android emulator on Windows.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

After reading several online suggestions recently I tried this option. The suggestion was to enter the properties window for ASP by right-clicking then selecting properties. Once in the Properties window the next step was to select the Compatibility tab. Turn on Compatibility Mode and select an earlier version of Windows. I set mine for Windows 7 because 8 was one of the in-between crap versions (IMO). I also checked the Run as Admin box. Ever since I did this (it's been a week or two now) I have not had the Searching video... prompt in ever camera window when starting. I'd say this was a pretty good indication that ASP has a problem with Windows 11 that Amcrest needs to address.

ASP Properties.jpg
ASP Properties.jpg (68.91 KiB) Viewed 8141 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I have seen the same probems the OP has described.
The current version of ASP is so flawed that it is useless.
Yeah Chrome works. But I want a GUI that I can use when I am outside the network.
I cant use Chrome outside my network unless I set up port forwarding and I have to login to one camera at a time.
Can I go back to the old version?
Can I get the over version download with the .dll file that WIn11 says is not found based on other who tried the old version?
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

I have the same issue as MarkinGA: Whenever I launch ASP on my desktop PC (core i7-12650H, 64GB RAM, Win11 Home), it shows the "Searching Video..." message for all 5 cameras in Live View mode with black behind them. I've let it sit, but it never starts displaying. Relaunching will sometimes give me video, but most times not. It happens almost all the time. I read some discussions about running in compatibility mode, so I changed it to Win 8 compatibility mode and Run as Administrator, but it didn't help. I also tried Win 7 and that was better but not always working. Finally I checked the box to use Legacy Display ICC Color management, and that seems to give consistently working results (I don't think it's failed once since checking that box). I haven't tried going back and forth with combinations of the various checkboxes in that dialog, but try the Legacy Display ICC Color Management setting if you're still having problems and see if it helps. On my Surface laptop (core i5 I believe), it always loads and displays fine.