Surveillance Pro: Black screen during playback but still kbps reading...

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
swbrains

Re: Surveillance Pro: Black screen during playback but still kbps reading...

Post by swbrains »

Well, I spoke too soon, even with the compatibility settings set as I mentioned them in my previous post, it's back to opening and displaying "Searching video..." for all cameras. :(
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Update: Those compatibility settings no longer consistently work. However, if I uninstall the Intel UHD video driver and let Windows use it's own basic display driver, it seems to work consistently. Unfortunately that video driver is not acceptable for daily use in Windows. I think this is an issue between ASP and the current Intel UHD video driver.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you for the update info. Be good for others that might be having the same issue..
Be Safe.
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Not really. Like me, I doubt a lot of people will want to remove their GPU's native drivers in favor of a lower-performing "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" to make one app happy. Any app that's video-intensive like gaming will likely be unusable under the generic Microsoft display driver.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure, I have tested this on all my systems with 1 dual AMD GPU setup, 2 PCs with 1050Ti, GTX1650 and a Super 2070. Each of them are still working without an issue. However my thing is if there was another with an issue they might be able to do what you did to see if it was same type issue. My guess is that it might be MB related. I have even tested some older no GPU systems that are still able to work with ASP and they are still working. Not as smooth as it was once before changing from 1.4ASP.. But still works enough to do what I would want with them.

My reply wasn't meant to be a working solution. Just a way for others that can test to see if it has the same cause..
Be Safe.