Surveilance Pro for Mac / Monterey

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
LarryB5417

Surveilance Pro for Mac / Monterey

Post by LarryB5417 »

What version of Surv.Pro will work with this Mac version? I was getting ready to install and an error message notified me before install that the Surveillance Pro App will not open if I perform my upgrade on the computer.

What do we do from here ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveilance Pro for Mac / Monterey

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I can't say that the older Amcrest software does or don't. However the newer ASP is much better and others have had to use the older software on Mac because of some issues the new software has..

With that said I would try and see if Dahua software will work. It is Called SmartPSS and while it can work with your cameras and NVR's on a local device I can't say that it will work on Remote Devices because of the Amcrest SN... But is something to try

http://dahuawiki.com/Template:SmartPSS
Be Safe.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

So in other words Amcrest does not have a working platform for the new MAC OS system? This is very disapointing since Amcrest advertises on all their cameras works on MAC.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry don't work for Amcrest I don't have that Answer. Just trying to give a solution that could work until something is updated.
Be Safe.
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

It is now October 2022 and still there is No Surveillance Pro Firmware for Mac Monterey V12.6

How can Amcrest advertise their software works on MAC ?
lordnelson1805

Post by lordnelson1805 »

Though I did manage to get Surveillance Pro at least working on Vengtura 13.2 it's really outrageous bloatware that hogs CPU and is barely functional. Anyone else have any luck?
madmacks

Post by madmacks »

I’m running macOS Ventura 13.3.1 and using the “most current” version of ASP. It kind’a sort’a works some of the time, with loads of issues. I’ve dealt with Amcrest for years on their support for Macs and frankly their responses are abysmal. Maybe there’s a potential for some legal action based on fraudulent advertisement of support for Mac. They respond with “user the web interface” but that doesn’t actually work either, as I can’t get it to load a live view in Safari. I finally installed Parallels and Windoze, and run ASP on that, but frankly it still kinda sucks as well. I really don’t think Amcrest cares about desktop support any more and they expect people with lots of cameras to log into each interface via the web app and configure them. I have about 15 of their cameras and I can tell you thats a real PITA.
madmacks

Post by madmacks »

I wish they’d simply publish the specs of their cameras and then make ASP public domain so someone could pick it up and make it work properly as a real Mac application…