Such a heavy app!

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Reactive

Such a heavy app!

Post by Reactive »

199 threads, 2% cpu usage while idle, no connections to any cameras. Windows version

That's only slightly under what the kernel uses for the PC. Little heavy dont ya think?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Such a heavy app!

Post by longedge »

That's inviting a 'heavy discussion' about the significance of threads and processes :). One might wonder why a single process should be scheduling so many threads for execution - but does it have any significance?

My 'real world' experience is that having ASP running with 3 active viewing panels and using around 4-5% CPU has no impact at all on the other stuff I'm normally doing on the computer. If I close the views on all three cameras then on my system CPU useage for the process drops to 0%.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Reactive

Re: Such a heavy app!

Post by Reactive »

Yeah its got a lot of hooks into \Sessions\1\BaseNamed Objects\_2cc34HWNDinderface~

Ohwell, and yes, cpu went to zero if you close all open live view windows and keep the app open. 2-10 windows open averages around 2% cpu load. Not bad I guess, but a game running at the same time in other window only has 20 threads.

I'm just curious more than anything.