Streaming No Live View

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
SearchN

Streaming No Live View

Post by SearchN »

Hello, I'm having an issue using Amcrest Surveillance Pro. When I go to view my cam the "Searching video" comes up then it connects to my Amcrest cam displaying frame rate, size etc. but no live image. If I minimize the window then restore it, whatever is in the background, browser, another open window, or just the background itself, will show in the live stream window. I can take screenshots and they popup so that works. I have Amcrest Web View and it's working so I'm sure it's not the camera itself. I'm using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. I've tried running as admin, reduced dpi settings, turned off full screen optimization, ran as Windows 7 none of these settings have done a thing.
Any other ideas? Thanks
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Streaming No Live View

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

My first guess would be that the video stream is being received butcan't be decoded for some reason. What have you got the camera/encode/encode type set to?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
SearchN

Post by SearchN »

H.264H If that is what you needed to know longedge. Tried the other settings before replying here but still a no go. Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

While I hate to say that there might be a issue with lag between your computer and the Camera or nvr... If it is Wifi that can be an issue at times as well...

I have had some issues like this in the past and thought couldn't be cables or hardware until I seen in my Switch logs that I was having some errors on that line... I tried different port of the Switch and same results.. So in the End I had to replace the Cat Cable... While it could do most everything else... Camera issues.. Once cable replaced even on the same port it was at to start with the errors went away and I could get access to my camera without fail everytime...

While I am not saying this is your issue I am saying this is something I have had an issue with and that was how I solved the problem...
Be Safe.
SearchN

Post by SearchN »

Hey Revo2Maxx, it works using Amcrest Web View plus I downloaded iSpy just to see what it would do and it seems to work on it as well. Just would rather use Amcrest Surveillance Pro for some reason the Amcrest Web View doesn't seem to have a full screen option that I can find if I double click the image it looks like it goes full screen but just blank then I have to close it out and restart it and it works again. Btw my wife downloaded Amcrest Surveillance Pro onto her laptop and it works so it just seems to be an issue on mine. Thanks
propal

Post by propal »

Was this ever resolved? I have tried 4 computers and the only one that works is my work PC? none of my personal computers manages to show a live stream? only searching video. This tell me in it is on the PC side and not the NVR or the Network side.. I do see live bandwidth and can take a snapshot of the feed. just no video on screen. I tried installing DIVX as maybe its a codec issue but nothing. I have run out of Ideas... HELP!!

One PC is on GB LAN Cable and thre laptops are on a good wireless signal. 2 are on 5Ghtz. Only the Work laptop works. OH some PC's have multiple video cards installed. Like my gaming laptop has the Intel GPU + the NVIDIA gaming card. Maybe this? I am so out of ideas...
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I occasionally reboot my PC and when I run ASP, I find that I have to manually log in to my 2 x IP3M-941's whereas ASP logs to the the IP2M-841 of it's own accord. When I set up the live view I always see "Failed to open video stream" (or similar) but I then carry on opening the stuff that I have running 24/7 and when I come back to ASP after a few minutes, the video is displayed. This happens every time so it's predictable and I just accept and live with it :)

It's interesting to note that if I power cycle the camera immediately before I run ASP there's no delay, as if perhaps a buffer is being cleared - don't know??
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

propal,
On one of your PCs with multiple video cards, try a different card for your monitor to see if the first one is causing the problem.