Slow Download of Video Files

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mykelbrady

Slow Download of Video Files

Post by mykelbrady »

I have some video files that I need to download from one of my cameras. Whenever I try to download the video it downloads at about 2kb per second. If this was 1985 that would be an acceptable speed. The 3 minute videos are 89000kb, or 89mb. Its going to take hours, and will likely crash before it completes. Anyone have any ideas why this is downloading so slow? It plays video back in real time just fine, but downloading is next to impossible.
Kevro8472

Re: Slow Download of Video Files

Post by Kevro8472 »

I have the same issue with the new version of ASP, so I still use the old version and my downloads are still under 1MB/sec.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

This is a problem that I've been aware of for some time. TBH it's not important to me but it piqued my interest anyway so I thought I'd see if I could find a way to get round it. This is what I cam up with.

I gave up on ASP and looked at my camera's Web GUI. The screenshot is a part of the "Playback" page.
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (35.78 KiB) Viewed 3657 times
There are two options for the recording at 02:44 hrs either to double click the entry or to click on the down facing arrow. Double clicking plays the video in the current page but clicking on the down arrow opens a new tab into which the video is loaded in a matter of a few seconds. Right click on the video in that new tab and choose save as. A bit clunky but at least it works for single files.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know what or why people are having issues. I just checked my ASP (New One) and dl a file that was 149mb long and it took less then 20 seconds to DL to my computer. If you are trying to DL from a Remote device then that could be a whole different game of issues.

I DL a few different ones. Event ones on my 16ch NVR that is full time writing 8ch at the same time DL a 470mb file and took just about 1 min to DL the file. I did confirm the files are good in folder as well. So could be a connection issue..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I did a fast unlisted video of a DL of sub stream 1 hour clips x2 and was less then 2min 20 seconds.. First one was about 1min 4 seconds at Verify time and other one came to an end at 2min 12sec that was total time for both clips. This was in AVI format but I did test it in both only recorded it in AVI and both MP4 and AVI came out to about the same DL time.

Also after making that video I looked at my front porch video files that are larger as they are not in H.265 only h.264h and the files were over 1100mb and total time to DL in MP4 format was 2m 12sec.

https://youtu.be/h9qcFQPfyAg
Screenshot (80).png
Screenshot (80).png (94.93 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I have different Amcrest cameras like 960p, 1080p, 4mp, 4k etc. and on the latest ASP I see choppy videos for all cameras whether they are on ethernet or wifi. The older version was fine. Viewing the videos on a browser like Chrome is fine. But I want to use ASP so that I can access the cameras when I am outside network. I want to go back to the old version. But I cant get the old version. Video download in ASP is also terribly slow. Whereas in Chrome it is fine.