Should be new Release of ASP Soon

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Should be new Release of ASP Soon

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So just wanted to touch base so the people that are waiting for ASP to come out I can tell you that there should be a Release soon that will fix my issue anyway of the P2P part of the program not working...

Besides P2P what else didn't work in ASP so I can test to see if it works in the Version I am using that should be released soon...

IF it is Related to 4k cameras please keep in mind that my only 4k camera is a Dahua Branded reject from 2014, I say reject because it don't work as the Specs say it should lol.. Also if there is AI working in ASP and you have AI cameras I don't so can't help test there...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
taintedbloop

Re: Should be new Release of ASP Soon

Post by taintedbloop »

Wow, I thought it had been abandoned. The last time I tried the 2.0 beta it was so buggy I just reverted to the old 2016 release (which is also buggy). The software has always been the worst part of the cameras for me.

May I ask how you know a release is coming? Also I'm unclear from your post if just that one bug is being fixed or multiple others?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From what I know it has been Released now and should be there for DL however I can't say for sure as I personally don't like ASP and I have been told by another that they did a New DL and the issue from the past release was fixed while i can't say that the issues you had will be fixed..

And I can't even say that the one they DL was a real new release as it might have just been a new fresh install cured their issue.. I will try and find out from Amcrest.. I just know I have a copy of what works for my needs..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
taintedbloop

Post by taintedbloop »

(Followup from my previous post)

I gave the new ASP version another try and after playing around with it for 20 minutes, I just went back to the old 2016 version. I also figured out that it's just renamed SMARTPSS software from Dahua, and you can get the newest version from them directly and it works with the amcrest cameras (which I believe are reskinned from Dahua as well) instead of waiting for Amcrest to release their rebranded version.

Both SMARTPSS and the ASP version acted similarly buggy. Towards the end when I was trying to playback, it just crashed with no error to desktop and that's when I uninstalled.

Here are a few of my major issues:

- Playback is extremely slow to load and glitchy. The original ASP is much faster in loading clips.

- The new playback interface showing clips on the right side is bulky and difficult to use compared to the small and (partially) resizable text-based list of clips on old ASP. There is also no playback seek bar to rewind or fast forward.

- When selecting the IP address for a camera you can't select between wired/wireless IP. (Same issue in old ASP)

- No HTTPS options (my camera is actually stuck with HTTPS on and its more laggy as a result. It also wont let me disable it on the web based config)

- Full screen games and sometimes other random video in chrome will often mess with the live view when I alt-tab or close the full screen window, as it will show a freeze frame of my game where the live video should be. I have to restart the live feed for it to come back.

- Random crashes

- Various other problems and bugs I forgot, too many to name

Honestly the hardware is good but the software is awful. It seems like Amcrest is essentially just a USA Dahua distributor (among a hodge-podge of other products from other companies which are not compatible with the same software...). They dont have any original hardware, software or firmware as far as I can tell, and it's disappointing.