Setting up view - use NVR channels or live view from cam?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
amcruser7

Setting up view - use NVR channels or live view from cam?

Post by amcruser7 »

Not sure I'm using the correct terminology here, but hopefully you know what I mean.

When adding different cameras to the view, I can either use the NVR channels (cam1, cam2, etc) or I can use the live view from the cameras themselves.

This is all running on the same Windows PC; ASP and PC-NVR.

So does it matter? Should I use the NVR channels or the live streams from the cameras themselves?

It works either way, I'm just wondering if there is any reason to do it one way or the other; for reliability or performance or anything else.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Setting up view - use NVR channels or live view from cam?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So in General access over your NVR will work just fine and might be fastest way to load more then 1 camera in a view at a time without much work. Also in General a good way to work with your cameras incase you upgrade in the future to a POE NVR where you will not have access to 1 camera at a time outside the NVR area.

For me I have a few many devices and I have some NVR's that are POE and some that are not. I use NVR's most times to look at my cameras even if they are on my normal network just out of habit. However if I want a camera to load the fastest without trying to remember what device it is loaded on and the camera is not on POE port I can access the camera fastest per the camera name and I will do that as well..

So really it is up to what works best for the End user.

I have one of my computers with ASP setup where I don't have any cameras in my normal list of devices. Only my DVR's and NVR's are listed there and named them to give best access to what I am looking for. If I want to do local access to the cameras that are connected over normal IP range I go to my IP Camera Group and access the camera that I want to make some changes too. Normally if I am not going to make camera level changes I will just access with my NVR...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe