Set Early start alert recording

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kikyo

Set Early start alert recording

Post by kikyo »

My NVR triggered alert(yellow) is late.

My NVR is set 24/7 to recording all cams.

The person started walking and I can see on the video about 12:11:20 pm the person was gone at 12:11:36 pm. The alert(yellow) was triggered at 12:11:25 pm mean alert marked yellow alert from 12:11:25 to 12:12:25 (I set 60 seconds delay alert record) which is 80% is not what I wanted.

I want is yellow alert to be from 12:10:00 to 12:11:00

So where can I set 20 seconds for alert(yellow) triggers early?

thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Set Early start alert recording

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there is a lot that goes into setting up motion recording. Part of ot is that the motion grid is set right si it really triggers at the right time. For testing I setup buzzer on motion. Once buzzer goes off I can see the event. I then play back the event so I know it's recorded right.

Not sure why your trying to setup such a long event record if you're full time recording already I would only setup for motion tagging this gives you play back area and if something needs more watching you have tagged time to go to for playback.

However your pre recording area is under your schedule for recording under storage tab. I leave mine at the default set 4 seconds most times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Set Early start alert recording

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I setup my 1046EW-AI on my 4216E-AI NVR to use motion in the street. Normally I don't have it setup to record this area.

I then made a video. One of the things about setting up the area for Detection of motion is to have the Motion setup correctly for the current scene. Please keep in mind that there is some settings that one needs to be aware of for the camera they are using. You want to make sure you are not trying to setup your motion grid outside of your D.O.R.I. area.. If you do the ability to record the scene might be limited and or spotty.

for my camera
Lens Detect Observe Recognize Identify
2.8 mm 58m(190ft) 23m(75ft) 12m(39ft) 6m(20ft)

So if you look up your cameras DORI as I said above it might offer info like I have Lens and How far it can Detect, Observe and for my distance from the mounted location and the road is 60ish feet. 10 feet height 50ish feet from camera to the road. So the Observe at 75 feet can be met.

I have the NVR/Camera setup for the Default 60/5 for Sensitivity and Threshold respectfully. (This is another area where issues can come up. Without using an event for testing someone might make changes to the Default settings and this can make things not work as well as one expects. IN this case it is best to Reset the systems settings for the cameras grid back to default to make sure that it wasn't just a setting error!?

Keep in mind that using the NVR's Motion area Default it will change all settings back to Full grid and your area of interest will need to be setup again. For my Testing I only setup the grid in the street. Then setup again in street after doing a default. For me it turned off my Motion recording because normally I don't have motion recording setup. I did turn it on a few days ago for some other testing I was doing and that is why you can see there is some early morning motion this is caused by headlights at night.

https://youtu.be/hFEBLSNeT2k
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe