Set Early start alert recording

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
RAMCREST644

Set Early start alert recording

Post by RAMCREST644 »

My NVR triggered alert(yellow) is late.

My NVR is set 24/7 to recording all cams.

The person started walking and I can see on the video about 12:11:20 pm the person was gone at 12:11:36 pm. The alert(yellow) was triggered at 12:11:25 pm mean alert marked yellow alert from 12:11:25 to 12:12:25 (I set 60 seconds delay alert record) which is 80% is not what I wanted.

I want is yellow alert to be from 12:10:00 to 12:11:00

So where can I set 20 seconds for alert(yellow) triggers early?

thanks!
jack7

Re: Set Early start alert recording

Post by jack7 »

Load your NVR User Manual pdf, and search on 'prerecord' to find the instructions.
RAMCREST644

Post by RAMCREST644 »

AHHH that's it called prerecord, I was not sure what's the name... THANKS jack7!!! Now I got it!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad you found the space but to give some advise, I personally wouldn't try to get a 20 second Pre Record. Doing so will or can make your Notices that are sent Via Push or Email show an empty scene..

So in my System I have most of my Channels setup the same to start out with when it comes to Recording and Images, (Speaking of Images more on that later) then for some of my Channels I will make some adjustments to fit the needs of that channel. Say my 1046EW-AI camera that is 50' to the Road with same settings as another camera that is 20 foot to the ROI and more time in scene for the channel I have set differently. So for the camera that is setup looking at road when it takes a Snapshot of the trigger I get a picture of a car or person however if I had a Start time to long I would get an empty picture. Now if they are speeding I can't see anything besides an empty road until I play back the clip of the triggered event... SO then I use that trigger as a Placemark for the event..

Another issue is if you setup your recordings to only work on Event and if you have to long of a Pre-Record setup then your whole event might be empty...

So if you want a 60 second clip of the Event, I would setup 55 second Post-Record and 5 second Pre-Record.. However if your scene is very fast I would change the Channel to only record for the longest time in a normal event for that channel. So again using my 1046EW-AI camera in normal day 20 seconds is about as much as it would see so I have it setup for 15 Post and 4 Pre and as I have said unless they are speeding it works perfect for me..
(Images)
So about Recording Images, Make sure that if you want to Push Images that you setup your cameras to push images even if you don't have any MSD in them and when the NVR is setup there is a screen that shows under normal out of the box setup the cameras are going to record images full time 24/7 and if you don't want to waste a lot of HDD on something that people normally don't use much anymore it is best to go into the Storage area, click on the Snapshot, then change the green full time to Motion and Alarm only.. Make the change clicking on the link to everyday and save, then click Copy and make that change to all and save.. Doing that will free up space on the hdd...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
RAMCREST644

Post by RAMCREST644 »

Thanks Revo!