Separate 2 Cameras. When 1 records so does the other. How do I stop this? PLEASE HELP!!

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
IsThisRealLife

Separate 2 Cameras. When 1 records so does the other. How do I stop this? PLEASE HELP!!

Post by IsThisRealLife »

Hey all,

I am posting here as amcrest support is embarrassing at best. I have 2 cameras linked to surveillance pro, both in different parts of the building. When either camera detects movement both cameras record. I am getting twice as many recording (just to be clear...when camera A detects movement both camera A and B record, and when camera B detects movement both A and B record...A and B being in totally different locations) as I want/need. How do I separate the cameras recordings?

I was on the phone with support for an Hour and 15minutes while I watched support click on every option in surveillance pro clearly having no idea what they were doing/what to do. At the end of the call I was told that they needed to escalate the ticket and that I would get a call from a higher up (never received call/dont plan on recieving a call/doubt it would even be useful). A couple days later I am reading an email saying they reviewed the ticket notes and want to know if I need any further assistance or if they can close the ticket...????

I would really appreciate any tips anyone can give. Thanks in advance
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Separate 2 Cameras. When 1 records so does the other. How do I stop this? PLEASE HELP!!

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I posted in another thread earlier about anomolies I was getting when setting motion detection in ASP. The most reliable method to setup motion detection events that I have found is by using the camera's web GUI which you can access via the IP address.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Separate 2 Cameras. When 1 records so does the other. How do I stop this? PLEASE HELP!!

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I wonder if your trying to use the ASP Beta or the older 1.40 ver?

Sadly there isn't much that I know about the ASP any more because when I found out that it was what kept changing my Times on my cameras once I had them set the way I wanted if I brought up ASP it would change the TIME format to something I don't like... So I don't use it anymore...

That brings me to this... In my Amcrest DVR and in my Amcrest NVR I have the ability to on motion trigger another camera to start recording? I don't remember if this is a Feature that is in ASP or not I am going to guess that it is or could be and if so I would look under Motion events and see if there is anything that has been checked for on motion record ch 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on.. .If there is then I would only check the one that your on.. So under ch1 only motion for record for ch1 on ch2 motion page then only have it set for motion only record ch2 and so on...

Are you using any other APP or Softwre for viewing or accessing the cameras? IT might be something in there as well.
Be Safe.