Program does not start

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
counteru

Program does not start

Post by counteru »

I installed Amcrest+Surveillance+Pro+Setup+V1.14.1.R.20161018

and it runs just fine.. let's do add my cameras.. all goes well for about 2 days.
Then all of a sudden it just no longer opens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 different times and each time after 2 days the software stops working.
What gives?
davptz

Re: Program does not start

Post by davptz »

I haven't had that happen. Any error messages? Have you checked Task Manager to see if it is there?
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I'm having the same issue. I uninstall and reinstall the program and some days later, the program will stop opening. It acts like it's opening but then never load the main program. There is no error message and when I check task manager, I can see that PC-NVR is an active task and if I try to open the program again, it will state that the program is already open. I have to end the task in task manager in order to try opening it again but it's the same each time. I'm assuming there is some weird conflict that is annoying to chase down but I'd love to solve it. I have two mini computers that this is happening on, but the program has zero issues on my two laptops. These are the mini computers I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0957 ... UTF8&psc=1

If anyone has any insight as to what might be the cause or have some advice for different things to try, I'd be very appreciative! I'm an escape room owner and use the Amcrest system for our rooms. I've been using Amcrest cameras since 2018 without issue, so this is my first problem I've encountered. Hopefully this is solvable!
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil »

I am having the same issue, although it took a few months before it showed up. Sometimes, though it's getting more rare, it comes right up with the authentication screen. Sometimes it will come up with a notification saying it crashed and do I want to send that info to Apple. But more and more it just doesn't do anything. Sometimes I'll have to try 5-10 times before it will open. Hopefully Amcrest is aware of this problem and they are working on it.
jleinart

Post by jleinart »

I have fought these similar issues. The only decent workaround I have found is to set amcrest pro surveillance app and PC-NVR app to run in compatibility mode. I, specifically, am using them with compatibility for Windows Vista Service Pack 2. The apps function, at least. But I still have to manually start the PC-NVR service after every reboot, despite scheduling tasks as mentioned above. This just means i have to remember to start the service after any reboot, so it could be worse.

Anyway, hope any of this helps!