Problems setting up PC-NVR

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
samsquared

Problems setting up PC-NVR

Post by samsquared »

Capture SP PC-NVR.JPG
Capture SP PC-NVR.JPG (12.88 KiB) Viewed 6047 times
I have one IPM-721S camera that works fine. Now I am trying to set up a PC-NVR on one of my laptops that is always on. I have the local IP address but when I try to add it as a device the status shows as "Offline (Locked)". Amcrest support has been no help in resolving this. I've set up port forwarding on the router for port 37777 to the laptop but that hasn't worked. Do I need to forward port 80 as well? I'm not sure I know how to do that as when I first tried to it warned me about messing up things on the router so I cancelled. I've read posts elsewhere that mention using a bogus port like 8080 instead but it's not clear how I do that.
jack7

Re: Problems setting up PC-NVR

Post by jack7 »

If your laptop and camera are attached to the same network, you would not need port forwarding for anything. Perhaps that "Locked" designation in Surveillance Pro means the laptop network IP address is blocked by your router, Windows firewall, or some other security program for some reason.
Are your camera and laptop attached to different local area networks?
samsquared

Post by samsquared »

Thanks for your reply. The camera and laptop are on the same network. There is one wrinkle which I suppose could be causing a problem - I connect to that laptop using TeamViewer. I doubt that's related though because Amcrest had wanted to connect to it using TeamViewer. When I get back home I'll try it on another PC.
samsquared

Post by samsquared »

Has anyone ever seen this or had a problem setting up PC-NVR? I'm unable to search for "NVR" because the forum says my search criteria must be at least 3 characters (huh?). I can't believe no one at Amcrest support knows the answer to this. Frankly, I'd like to buy another inside camera and one for outside but I'm holding off until I get this resolved.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

The Team Viewer may be your problem. You could try using the laptop directly and see if it works.
Try putting your search criteria in Google search and see what you get.
samsquared

Post by samsquared »

Thanks for your reply. When I google all I get is hits for admin account locked but that's not the problem.
samsquared

Post by samsquared »

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not related to using TeamViewer because I've tried to set it up on my main Windows 10 laptop and the same thing happens. The other laptop is running Windows 7 Pro.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Another suggestion because the PC-NVT is locked:

Delete your PC-NVR.
Uninstall Surveillance Pro and reinstall it.
When adding PC-NVR, use ID- admin Password- admin
Setup PCT-NVR using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNshvsYyXgk

This worked for me. I have never had the Lock message.

Another thought is other devices/programs somewhere may be trying to access your laptop address and after so many tries, it locks the PC-NR. Pure speculation.
James.S

Post by James.S »