Problems on new ASP 2.xx

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
IDAHOKID

Problems on new ASP 2.xx

Post by IDAHOKID »

HI

I was just introduced to Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.?? last week by a top tier tech helping me with
a port forwarding problem I was having with old ASP 1.xx. After I gave him the the details he just dismissed
all prior info and steered me to the new beta ASP 2.xx and had me down try it while he was on the phone
with me. I worked ok. I had him close the ticket and we went our merry ways.
Now that I have had a chance to use it I see a few odd problems and 1 VERY SERIOUS problem.

Just in asking, would it be possible to add a mouse click, temporally show password, on login screen.
I use long pass phrases on all my passwords that allow it and I would be nice to see if I typed the whole phrase
in before I hit the login. (Just asking)

In setting up the motion detection screens I don't see a mass region delete like is in the cameras UI web interface.
Is the lack of it intentional in the ASP 2.xx or is something not working???

Where is all of the networking options in ASP 2.xx that is in the cam web UI. I needed to switch a camera to
Ethernet direct connect and could not get into camera web UI thru WiFi and of course the Ethernet port is
disabled when WiFi is default. No WiFi interface screen in ASP 2.xx web UI. Was Forced to reset camera and loose all my setups to regain control. Upon looking at camera web UI almost all network screens were missing in ASP. Is this planed??? If so why?

I feel that ASP 2.xx should have everything in it that the Camera's Web UI has in it. Other menus are missing too.

What are your plans on this for future ASP 2.xx releases. This appears to be a serious deletion of menus to me.

NOW FOR THE SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No playback from ASP at all. Works fine from camera Web UI, so I know it's not a camera problem.

I have very little I can tell you, because of the way it fails. I get into playback screen, I select camera I
want to look at SD card on. I hit the search button, I see a little circle chasing arrow for about 3 to 8 seconds.

AND THEN I AM STARING AT MY DESKTOP WHERE "SCREEN ASP 2.xx" USED TO BE.

No errors, no screens, no bubbles, just GONE!!! LEFT STARING AT MY BIG DESKTOP. Fail on all cams.

I have to start over and completely, log back in, re-login cameras, ect. I don't even have an idea where to
start looking for this problem.

Running Windows 7 PRO and IP2M-841 AND IP3M-941 CAMERAS.

Any help or light you could shed on this problem would be well received by me.

IdahoKid
RTA44

Re: Problems on new ASP 2.xx

Post by RTA44 »

@idahokid: This was 2 months ago, but I do not see a response from Amcrest! Is that still the case?