Poor Performance on Windows 11

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dlhcl01

Poor Performance on Windows 11

Post by dlhcl01 »

I bought a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 11, Intel i7 processor and a 1TB SSD drive. It is a very fast machine. It replaced a 13 year old HP i3 laptop that is now very slow for most applications. I installed the latest version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro (V2.003) on the new laptop. Its’ performance was terrible, with flaky viewing failures. Amcrest Surveillance Pro 1.14.1 on the old HP is much more reliable on viewing and faster on Exports than the latest version. With V2, cameras often don’t connect in LiveView with a “Searching for Video” message displayed. Playback often displays a message that No Video is Recorded even on times/dates with known recordings. Sometimes recording events are being played but no video is displayed - just a black screen in the display window. Restarting the program or rebooting does not solve these problems. Ultimately for unknown reasons Liveview and Playback will work as expected but may or may not work the next time ASP is opened. One problem that is very consistent is that Exporting a video is extremely slow no matter what format is selected. A 20MB file will take an hour when it only takes 2-3 minutes on a 13 year old machine with the previous version (1.14.1).
As a result, I uninstalled V2.003 and installed the previous version (1.14.1) which is 32bit. The original install failed due to a missing MSVCR100.dll file. Apparently, Windows 11 does not use that file. I found the file on my old laptop and copied it into the Program Files (x86) Amcrest Surveillance Pro directory with the other .dll files and that solved the problem. It displays LiveView and Playback consistently and Export works at the expected speed on my Windows 11 machine.
Windows 11 issues? I think these are Amcrest issues. Anyone else experience these problems?
mupimohan

Re: Poor Performance on Windows 11

Post by mupimohan »

I have different Amcrest cameras like 960p, 1080p, 4mp, 4k etc. and on the latest ASP I see choppy videos for all cameras whether they are on ethernet or wifi. The older version was fine. Viewing the videos on a browser like Chrome is fine. But I want to use ASP so that I can access the cameras when I am outside network. I want to go back to the old version. But I cant get the old version. Video download in ASP is also terribly slow. Whereas in Chrome it is fine.